View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
tzena
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBswilson View Post
Net Carbohydrates is another topic that we have discussed several times in our review of how we could improve FitDay. In order to provide our users with the most accurate information possible, we have intentionally chosen not to do this calculation.

Unfortunately, Net Carbohydrates has no official definition or endorsement from the FDA. We have spoken to several dietitians about how to calculate this number and received varying answers from all of them.

I'm sure we will revisit this topic in the future but it is not on our to-do list at this time.
I appreciate fitday but will no longer use it since it does not help me net carbs. I understand the issues around defining that, but it is such a simple thing for the day's nutrition to include the grams of fiber for the day. I could do the math in my head by taking the percentage of the RDA shown in the graph format and subtracting it from total carbs, but I will simply leave instead. The program does not adequately meet the needs of those who are on low carb diets. That is a critical issue for me. I appreciate all the work on the program and the site, but it does not meet my needs.
tzena is offline   Reply With Quote