View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #389 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadena View Post
Pam - If you're finding it too hot, have you tried really early morning runs? It's been quite hot here too, but I tried an early run today and it was so much better than late afternoon runs.

My own little boast for the day: Went to a party today and managed not to eat everything on the table! Just had 1 burger (it was a BBQ), a little lolipop, and a slice of birthday cake. Still in my planned calorie intake for the day - hoorah! The thought of having to log it all really kept me in control.
Hi Hadena, I am usually a morning exerciser - even on hot days, in my neck of the woods, the mornings are pretty cool. It has just been unusually hot even in the mornings these past 2 weeks. Blech!

EXCELLENT job with the party! You got this thing under control, gurl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslatt View Post
Hi All. Thought I better check in since it's been a while. I was in California for work for a week followed by a visit to my parents and then my sister. All three have been recipes for disaster (diet-wise) in the past and I'm very happy to report I DIDN'T GAIN WEIGHT!! I am really proud of myself. I think I'm so scared of gaining that anything extra made it seem like I was pigging out. We had sandwiches and chips brought in for lunch at work, and I actually indulged. I even had ice cream (it was HOT). So it was a good lesson that I can still have some of my favorite things in moderation and maintain.
And speaking of control! Look at you! Work travel, family visits, and "forbidden" food, and not a pound. I'd say the gurl deserves an extra pedicure (or whatever pampering treat suits your fancy)

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote