View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

I don't understand what 'TEE:3000kcal' means? If your BMR is 1600 and your exercise is 750 kcal then you are burning 2350 kcal daily. You state your food is 2000 kcal so you are burning (deficit) is only 350 kcal/day. Since 1 pound of body weight equates to apprx. 3500 kcal you will only be losing about .7 pounds/week (350 x 7days= 2450kcal/week, 2450/3500= .7). This is hard to see on a daily basis (sometimes even on a weekly basis) depending on your waste/water retention. You can speed this up by eating less calories. If you are okay with this rate then just continue.

There could be some other factors at play that you may want to look at. As Clarkslp said your body has become more efficient, Our bodies adapt quickly to become efficient at performing what we have asked. That is why you need to look into some different forms of exercise or even just incorporating HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) into your running. HIIT consists of a short period of High intensity (think of sprinting) followed by a period of lower intensity activity (like walking or jogging). A High/Low ratio of 1:2 has been shown to be the most effective. I personally do 20 seconds and 40 seconds (1:2).

I am also a big proponent of weight training, and the effect it can have on reshaping your body. With out weight training all that running can actually decrease your muscle mass and thus decrease your BMR. Weight training forces your body to better use your fat stores instead of burning off the desireable muscle. Weight training can help you look better and be more fit at a higher weight.

Now lets talk about nutrition and your macros. I find that my protein intake needs to be apprx. 30% of my calories for me to lose the best. Protein is the only macro that can repair and build muscle. If you aren't getting enough your body will lose muscle mass. A general rule is .5 to 1.0 gram per pound of lean (not total) body weight.

Congratulations on your success so far.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote