View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelasquez@sw-billing.com View Post
I also noticed that when I workout I am very socialable and also and introvert. I just said I believe that excercise is like taking and anti-depressant for me. I recently pulled a hamstring and have not been able to work out and just went back after two months and the two month off I was depressed because I could not go back to zumba class therefore I also did not care about what I was eating either. If anyone has any suggestion how to strengthen my hamstring or any advice I would glady take it. I am 49 years old and just discovered excercise that I love so I am trying to get back on the band wagon on eating right and regular excercise my A1c is 5.8 it was 6.0 and i had lost 32.2 lbs and gained back about 11 pounds but working on getting under that 200lb mark which i have not seen in quite some time and bringing A1c down to decreased mark for diabetes.
Sorry to hear about the injury. Beside stretching, which will be even more important now than before your injury, I would recommend leg curls. These are usually done on a machine where you lay on you stomach and curl a padded bar using your ankles toward your buttocks. The great thing about the machine is you can go light and work up as you get the strenght back. Try to do a heavy enough weight that you can do 8 repetitions (studies show this to be the best for building strength) before you can't perform the movement again. Repeat for 3 to 4 sets.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote