Community
Notices

New to Fit Day

Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fit Day

Hello! I am 40 years old and have struggled with weight issues since I was a teenager. My Dad's side of the family and much of my Mom's have weight issues so I know some of it is inherited but there is a lot of it that I can change as well. I also struggle with chronic pain issues in my ankle, knee and back so I am limited in my exercise as well. It's easy to look at everything and give up but instead I am ready to move forward to become as healthy as possible. Losing weight will also have positive benefits for my bone and joint problems. I lost about 25 pounds in 2011 using My Fitness Pal but gained about 10 of it back this winter/spring. It is time to finally get back on track and not only lose the weight but become healthier. I am married and between us we have 5 girls - one of which blessed us with our first grandson in June of this year (although I don't seem old enough!). I want to be around to see him grow up and to meet the rest of my grandkids some day. No excuses this time around, I am going to make it happen.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. You have lost weight before so you already know you can do this. Get your diet right. 80% of the battle is your food. Don't let your limitations become excuses. Find exercises, like water aerobics or swimming, that are low impact but will still burn calories. I am a big proponent of weight lifting and many of these can be done while seated on a bench to take the strain off your legs and back. Bench presses are even done laying down (That is a great exercise IMO, lol). Plus weight lifting will actually help increase bone density. Congratulations on deciding to do this now. I was 10 years older than you when I finally woke up.