Notices

Egg White Omelette Question

Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Egg White Omelette Question

I just made my first ever egg white omelette tonight for dinner. It actually tasted much better than I thought it would!!!! (Not sure why I didn't try this sooner.)

So I used three egg whites, added some leftover onion and tomato from the fridge and sprinkled it white a little cheese (low fat). (non stick pan with no butter or oil etc)

My question is, how many calories do you think this added up to? I tried using the custom foods thing, but it seems too low. ie. 100 calories give or take.

Did I do something wrong? Maybe I should bump it up a little because the cheese alone should be 40 calories.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

I just ran this through an online recipe calculator with 3 egg whites and 1/4 cup each low fat cheddar, tomato and onion came to 124 calories, so I think that you're in the right neighborhood. It's amazing how tasty and filling low cal can be, isnt it?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

I eat egg white omelets all the time. I use 3 egg whites 51 cal, a whole can of mushrooms 50 calories, 1 oz of reduced fat cheese 80 cal, and a splash of skim milk 20 calories. So around 200 calories at my house. Why don't you put the ingredients in separately? I usually have to do that, because the contents are always a little different.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

I only eat egg white omlettes..they are sooo good.I never miss the yolks.

Mix ins:
lean ham
turkey bacon
green onions
salsa
tomatoes
peppers
spinach
low fat cheeses...feta is very yummy
low fat cream cheese

After I decide how to make my omlette I put in a a sprayed non stick pan,,,,let the bottom set a bit...add some cheese on top and throw it in the oven to puff up..its amazing how much bigger your omlette will be. Take out of the oven when the top is set..fold over and enjoy!