Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
mabyerly
FitDay Member

Default Greetings

Hello-

I'm pretty new to this whole thing, so I'll give a little bit of my story.

I've struggled with weight pretty much since I was 4 or 5, so about as long as I can remember. I've had some success here and there, but at 24, I am frankly tired of fighting this battle and losing. What was worst of all was that after having made a commitment to being healthier, within three weeks I broke my leg while doing a service project, and that had me off my feet for a while. Luckily, I actually lost weight during that time. Still, I find that I tend to want to use that as an excuse to not do as much as I could, though I do need to have some consideration but that will get better as I lose more weight. I know that there are a lot of factors outside of my control (my parents also both struggle with their weight and have fought the same battles) but I also know that I am the only one who can really make the difference in my own life and that I do have the choice to treat my body well. I have a strong faith background and am studying to go into ministry, so I have my faith to give me support, and I know that I will be more effective in ministry if I am healthier.

I wish everyone here the best of luck with reaching their goals, and thank you for the support as I work toward mine.
mabyerly is offline   Reply With Quote