View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
andieligon
FitDay Member

Question Rest Days and Mood Swings???

Hi everyone. I'm curious. Since I started working out, I've noticed some mood swings. On days that I work out, I feel great. I'm happy, even (dare I say) sociable. Which is something for me to feel, because I am a huge introvert. I just feel really good on workout days.

However, I haven't really gotten a schedule down pat just yet for working out at the gym (Talking about serious cardio and weight training. I do make sure to get up and do more physical things everyday, not just when working out at the gym.) so I didn't go to the gym on either Thursday and Friday. Today, I just feel so depressed. I'm feeling a little lethargic. It's hard to not just want to stay in a cool spot and just forget about everything.

I have not been overeating. In fact, I have been pretty consistent about staying at range between 1500-1800 calories.

It has been pretty hot out here lately. Very high humidity. Going outside does NOT help; minus the breeze, it's just as bad outside.

I'm going to go the gym tonight. I think 2 days may be too much of a rest period for me.

I was just wondering though. Do any of you have rest days? Do you notice any side effects of not getting in an intensive workout everyday? Do you think maybe putting a couple of days between rest days might be a good idea?

Sorry for the super long post. I'm a bit of a rambler. Thanks to anyone in advance for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

Andrea
andieligon is offline   Reply With Quote