View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #193 (permalink)
patronick328
FitDay Member

I haven't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been posted. If anyone is interested in starting out on a Paleo diet, I do highly recommend starting with a Whole 30 from the Whole9life.com people. It's uber strict paleo for 30 days to help clear your body of the toxins and other things that can cause many of your GI issues and gut inflammation. I did it in Feb/March with my wife, and in the 30 days, I dropped 17lbs without working out. I also saw my gut decrease in size.

Once the 30 days were over, I did incorporate dairy and some gluten back into my diet and saw horrific changes. My gut inflamed almost instantly, and my digestive system was messed up. The 30 days is hard, because it is so strict, but it's worth it if you can handle the sugar headaches you'll get and if you can properly plan out your meals. I am thinking of doing another one soon just to get myself back on track, but will be working out while doing it, so I hope to see 25lbs come off in the 30 days.

and if you're into the geeky stuff behind why it works, the creators Mellisa and Dallas Hartwig have a book called It Starts With Food. Good read in general.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 08-31-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: link removed
patronick328 is offline   Reply With Quote