View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
sw07
FitDay Member

I used to hate fish with a passion, but all that changed after eating fresh Swordfish that I had caught while on vacation in Maui back in 1997-I'm totally addicted to fish now.
My favorite method to cook it is on the grill and some of my favorites are: Salmon,swordfish, Ahi Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Talapia and when I go fishing and actually catch something its: Trout,Steelhead,Stripped Bass and again, Salmon. I wish I was closer to the coast because I would be eating even more fresh fish, but like what others have posted, Trader Joes is a great place to get frozen fish.

I also indulge in prawns/shrimp on the grill with olive oil,small amount of butter, garlic and some cayenne on skewers wrapped in foil, mmmm..

I also will have Sushi a couple of times a month(not homemade, but in a restaurant).

I've also managed to get the girlfriend into liking fish and she's way picky- that's why I grill it outside, she hates the smell it leaves in the kitchen.
Ahi steaks (Yellow tail Tuna) is her favorite- I'll marinade it in some Newman's Vinaigrette and toss it on the grill- same goes for the Swordfish.

The Mahi Mahi and Tilapia are great in Tacos, I'll grill them outside and saute the hot peppers and veggies on the stove then mix them up once the fish is done on the grill- yummy

I don't eat crab, crayfish or Lobster tho, too much work to get the meat and too rich for my tastes.

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote