View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
andieligon
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
Go to a Trader Joe's, if you have one in your area - they have lots of frozen fish. They also sell lots of marinades that you can use on fish before you bake it - something Asian might change your mind about all kinds of fish.
Kathy is spot on here. If you have a Trader Joe's in the area, go check them out. They have tons of frozen fish, good prices. Most of the packages give descriptions about what you can expect from a certain kind of fish; is it firm, is it flaky, what would go best with it. TJ's also has fantastic marinades and seasonings to pair with the fish.

Or you could try grilling the fish in a pan and then making it into a fish taco. I really recommend mahi mahi for this, it has a firmer texture so stands up well to cooking. Put in a warmed mini corn tortilla with some cabbage, some pico de gallo, onion and lime and you have a winner on your hands.

I have found tilapia to be an interesting fish. It has a pretty firm texture and a mild flavor. It's not my favorite, I would rather have salmon or mahi mahi, but it's a cheaper fish so it's often a good price. My family just tosses it in a pan with some olive oil, squirt of lemon on top, salt and pepper and that's it. I like to put my fish on top of a salad. It wilts the greens somewhat, but it's absolutely delicious with some honey dijon dressing.
andieligon is offline   Reply With Quote