Cooking From Scratch
A great crockpot recipe--really filling you don't need anything else. We have even had it for supper with a salad.
TACO SOUP RECIPE
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoons chili powder (I used taco seasoning)
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt (since tomatoes and beans usually have salt I would omit this)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1 15 oz. can light red kidney beans, drained
• 1 15 oz. can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
• 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
• One 15 oz. can corn, drained (about a cup)
• 1 15 oz. can beef broth (if using box it's approximately 1cup)
• 1 bag tortilla chips
• 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• In large pan, brown beef and drain fat.
• Add onions, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, oregano, salt and cayenne to meat in pan. Cook until onions and peppers are softened.
• Place meat mixture in slow cooker.
• Add kidney beans, tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
• Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
• Garnish with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese before serving.
• Serves 4-6 (very filling)
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 8 oz.)
• Calories: 260 • Total Fat: 11g • Saturated: 4g • Cholesterol: 30mg • Sodium: 670mg (I use low sodium beef broth and tomatoes so this would be lower)
• Carbohydrates: 25g • Dietary Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 5g • Protein: 16g