View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
jonjaxmom
FitDay Member

Welcome to our world! I've been on my latest journey since january. Im down 26 lbs and am definitely having a tough time with my last 5 pounds, I havent made a dent in about a month! But that is OK, I will never give up! Lets just say that I am practicing my maintenance routine this summer! LOL

But having said that, my A1C is so much better than it was around christmas. 6.4 down from 7.1. Yours will get better too, its amazing what even 5% weight loss with a little bit of exercise can do for your sugar levels! I have more energy and I feel wonderful. I know at some point I will finally chip away these last few pounds. I'm trying the couch to 5K program, I've never been a runner, but its fun being a work in progress. The compliments I've heard from people I dont see very often have been motivating and satisfying. My kids are 8 and 10 and they see a difference too, and now even they come to the track with me and we do our laps all together.

Logging in what I eat and planning has been what has made me successful. If Fitday doesnt have the food, I google it and find it somewhere and make it a custom food. I am really good about this stuff during the week, and my newest mini goal is to be diligent about this over the coming weekend, to get the weight loss back on track. Even -.5 lb in a week is a loss, and is just a bit closer to the goal. I have found the weekends are my toughest time, but soccer season is about to start, and my soccer mom friends and I are committed to helping one another. No sitting in our lawnchairs on the sidelines until our track work is done first!!!!

Stay strong, and when family members tempt you, come here and we will be here by your side to help you abstain. And if you indulge, we will still be here by your side, encouraging you to start fresh tomorrow. I love this place, it will be my online home for many years to come.

Welcome, have fun!
Current wt 143 lbs.
Goal wt. 140 lbs
jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote