View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
inflamesjester
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post
I disagree with this. Not EVERYONE is attracted to "fit, healthy bodies". My current BF actually prefers women with meat on their bones and told me that I could be 20 lbs heavier and I'd still be beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everyone has a different "ideal"
Of course not "everyone" is attracted to fit, healthy bodies, but the great majority of the population are, I was speaking in general and by "everyone" was mostly referring to the majority of men and women as this thread seems to point out that only men are biased to being attracted to fit and in shape people....Also, nowhere in my post did I say "rail thin people" either.. I don't think that is attractive or healthy. "meat on the bones" is a good thing, but I've never understood why we coddle the very overweight in this country. It is UNHEALTHY and is killing us! Attractiveness of the opposite sex is just a byproduct and a secondary concern of this appearance/lifestyle. Like I said above, I notice reactions of females when I (and friends of mine) are at "healthy weights" and when we are overweight and it is literally night and day.

This may be an unpopular opinion here, but I feel it is much more realistic and truthful of the general population and it has served as a kick in the butt for myself and a few friends to not only get healthier but also improve our quality of life. Coddling the very overweight does nothing but promote bad habits and a dangerous lifestyle. There is a difference between "healthy, active and a few extra pounds" and an unhealthy, unattractive diet/lifestyle and once again this goes for men AND women equally.

Last edited by inflamesjester; 07-31-2012 at 06:47 AM.
inflamesjester is offline   Reply With Quote