View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
catebert
FitDay Member

Default Low carb cheesecake

Chocolate Almond Crust:
1 ½ cups almonds (or 6 ounces)
¼ cup splenda
2 squares bitter chocolate, melted
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp. Vanilla whey protein powder
Grind the almonds into a fine meal in the food processor (if you grind your own with the skins on the fibre content is higher than if you buy them already ground as they likely use blanched almonds). Add the splenda and pulse to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate, then melted butter and process until evenly distributed. (I actually did this in a bowl with my mixer as my food processor is too small for this amount of food) Add the vanilla whey powder and pulse again to combine (I didn’t actually have any so left it out and the crust turned out just fine).
Turn out into a greased 10” springform pan, pressing the crust a little up the sides to cover the seam. Bake at 325F degrees for 8 minutes, allow to cool before adding the filling.
Cheesecake filling:
3 – 8 oz packages Philly cream cheese (I used the light as the carb count was the same)
1 c. Splenda
3 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
Allow the cheese to soften to room temperature. Beat the cream cheese and splenda together on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed for 3 more minutes. Add the cream and beat again for a couple more minutes. Turn out into the cooled chocolate almond crust (10” springform pan). Bake at 325F degrees for 45-50 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting toothpick into middle of cake. Cake is done if the toothpick is clear, if not, bake for another 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing sides of pan.
Variations: I didn’t have bittersweet chocolate, so I used Lindt 85% cacao 4 sq. For crust, and made a topping with the other 4 sq. I calculated based on 10 pieces/cake, but I think we actually got about 13 slices out of it.

Calories: 387
fat: 32.57g (satfat 15.37, polyunsat 2.7, monounsat 6.3)
cholesterol 132.5mg
sodium 31.5g)
potassium 3.1mg
Carbohydrate 14.2g – fibre 2.7g = 11.5 net carbs
protein 11.46g
Vitamin A 20%
Calcium 13%
Vitamin D 2%
Thiamin 5%
Niacin 5%
Phosphorus 16%
Selenium 10%
Zinc 9%
Iron 17%
Vitamin E 31%
Riboflavin 19%
Vitamin B12 8%
Manganese 24%
Copper 23%
Magnesium 15%

Joined 25/5/2012
Height: 5' 0"
Starting weight: 170
Goal Weight: 115
Plan: Atkins

Mini goal: 159 by August 31
currently: 161

Eat five different coloured vegetables every day!
catebert is offline   Reply With Quote