Notices

Moobs.. -_-

Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Moobs.. -_-

Hey guys,

So my workout is going strong, I feel like my diet is on track, but I have to ask, I've lost 21lb's now, and I have what I think are almost like moobs, beit rather small and probably more in my head than anything else, but what exercises can I do at home on a daily basis (or at the gym too!) to really give my chest a hard workout.

thanks for any tips
Old 03-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

any pics? It may just be in your head. IDK maybe something like Novadex might help.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Like belly fat, there really is no way to target certain parts of the body for fat reduction. You just have to keep losing fat in general and working out. Eventually they will go away. Again using the belly analogy, once the fat is gone you will see the results of all those crunches with nice abs. I would assume the same thing for the chest: do work that emphasizes the pecs, etc. but you still have to get rid of the fat to see the results.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Yup, what he said^^
Drop the BMI and the moobs will disappear.
I had a good set of teets going on, but after a year of working out and diet change, they are frikken gone
Old 04-11-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

In addition to what has already been said, I just want to add that everyone's a little different anatomically and you just might have a predisposition to more prominent breast tissue. Heck, I myself have been known to sport mini-cannons in cold weather.

The best remedy for this that I've found is to do exercises that target the upper part of the chest. This means movements like incline bench, overhead/military press (preferably standing, not seated), and flyes, which hit the middle band of the tissue. Of course, these are hell on your shoulders so make sure you balance them with lots of rowing and pull-ups. But that should help with your man issues.

Good luck!

-Nik
Old 04-16-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

I've taken your guys tips and suggestions on board, and have been noticing a difference!

Thanks for the help (Again!) guys =D

Weight Start: 221lbs
Height 6'3

Current Weight: 196lb's

Doing good so far!!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default this will do the trick it did for me

this work out will do the trick

mondays and fridays
workout time 45 min

Bench
80% of bench max
Reps: 265 max = 225 work out
10- 80%
9- 80%
8- 80%
7- 80%
6- 80%
5- 80%
4- 80%
3- 80%
2- 90%
1- 90%

Incline 200 max = 180 workout
3 sets
Reps 10
75% of max

butterfly
3 sets of 15 @ 85
follow each set immedatly with 10 wieghted #35 push ups

this is a hard work out but it will shred your shoulders , back and CHEST

good luck
chris
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I know this is going to risk taking this thread off topic from the OP, so I apologize if that happens,

@Chris,

There are a couple things that I take issue with in your "this will do the trick it did for me" workout. First being that none of the exercises listed works your back, only one modestly targets shoulders (incline press, even that not very well), and the ones that do hit the chest don't do it optimally.

Plus, the high volume would only serve to expand the chest and accentuate already prominent breast tissue, something the OP is expressly trying to avoid.

If you want to build out your medial and upper chest, go the strength route — you'll build tight, dense musculature that pulls skin and tissue in rather than puff it out. DB chest flyes, DB bench, incline press (barbell or DB), heavy at 5-8 reps. No more than 3 sets of each. Push-ups are great too, as an all-around conditioning tool; they do less for your chest unless you're using a relatively wide stance. You can do this 3 times a week on top your other regular workout, just make sure you get enough rest.

-Nik
Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Quick update from me guys!

My moobs are "gone" almost, haha, I'm almost down to 180lbs now, and feeling fit and strong. I still need to do a lot of strength training now that i've lost the weight. Benching 120'ish is kind of sad lol.

Thanks for the help once again!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

wow, that's awesome. I've been working on my own body on and off, i still have the moobs, but definitely they are disappearing. I started at 228 and have dropped down to 205. I'm 5'11, so I know i need more to go. I did notice a change, or rather, a drop in inches on my chest and abdomen. My chest, back in January, was about 44.5 inches. I measured a couple of weeks ago and i'm down to 43 inches, my abdomen is at 42 inches. Thanks for the motivation Lysady!