Notices

Wheat Free Diet 4 Me

Old 02-28-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Wheat Free Diet 4 Me

I knew I was allergic to wheat, but never really did anything about it until about 3 years ago. After suffering from horrible cramps and gas, I finally decided to cut out the wheat. It took a while to get completely wheat free, but once I did, the weight started coming off. Not to mention a slimmer look without all that bloating. I lost over 50 pounds by just making that one change - no wheat. I have been able to keep it off for over 2 years now, and feel MUCH better.

Now to fine tune the rest of my diet ........
Old 03-04-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default GF diet

I've been completely Gluten Free for almost 8 years. Isn't it so amazing how much better you feel? When I first started my GF diet, I lost 30 pounds! Since then, I've had 3 babies and am currently getting rid of the last of my baby weight. I'm glad you're feeling MUCH better.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

another wheat free girl here.....lol. I do feel much better not eating wheat. People always ask omg you don’t eat wheat you must starve…lol….ummmm no. rice, oats, potatos, rice pasta, sweet potatos I eat all that stuff…lol. dbf also has to watch his wheat intake. to much wheat it really affects his eczema. He’s got moderate to severe eczema & not eating wheat is the best thing he can do to control it.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

I have just embardked on a new healthy lifestyle and i know to feel better i too have to become wheat free! Its amazing how much more energy i have when i cut it out and my bloating decreases! Its just the next step now to find what i can substitute for the foods i am so used to eating and preparing. Good luck ladies, it was great sharing with you!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Been there, done that.

When our oldest was 2 she was diagnosed with food allergies, wheat, egg, milk, tomatoes, green beans, peas and carrots. Anyway we got rid of everything in the house that contained any of those ingredients, and every member of our household lost weight immediately. By the time she got to be 6-7 she had outgrown every one of them except the egg allergy. So now we have all those things back in the house and we've all gained weight. So when I started my heavy duty diet in Jan 2010, I went back to many of the foods we used to eat when she was allergic to everything.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,
Can you eat oats on a GF diet...can someone tell me if Oatmeal bread is ok?

thanks,
Gina
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

I am totally grain free, except for steel cut oats, and when I relax and have any grains, I instantly swell - like severe water retention, gas and bloating.

I don't know why I torture myself with this and keep trying to eat a sandwich.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Wheat free me since 12/27/10. I have done it before and felt better every time. And every time I go back to eating it, I feel worse than I did last time. Talk about hard-headed. I guess it just takes getting hit in the head multiple times for me to get it.

This time, when I made up my mind to do it, it has come so easy. I have just reached a point where I know I feel like crap when I eat it. I know that besides the cramps, constipation and bloating, it makes me gain weight by giving me cravings for more processed frankenfoods. Only a couple of weeks and I feel so much better already.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Want to go Wheat Free!

Hello,
I am new here. I was diagnosed when i was young with a wheat allergy. My mom did a good job of only letting me eat rice bread and other rice products. As I get older I figure I know best I can eat what I want. Well times are not good with the tummy. I am thinking its time, to STOP eating wheat. I have pretty good will power, as I decided NOT to eat meat and have been free of that for 57 days.
My big thing with not eating wheat is the convenience of it. It's quick and easy to grab a sandwich or muffin.
I work long days and lunches are tough for me.

Any bit of help that I can get or motivation is great. I have read your bloating and weight drops off that is all a bonus for me! Just need a PUSH to stop eating it

Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gwhite23
Hi,
Can you eat oats on a GF diet...can someone tell me if Oatmeal bread is ok?

thanks,
Gina
Gina,
Oats is a tricky topic. Most oats are heavily contaminated with gluten and are a no-no. A few manufacturers specifically go out of their way to make their oats gluten-free. I guess if you're gonna have something, then gluten-free oatmeal bread as an occasional snack is acceptable.
I don't like grains in general, however. I go into detail on my site: Link removed. Please contact FitDay if you would like to advertise your site.

Take care!
Doctor Z

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-08-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.