Notices

I'm new :)

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I'm new :)

Hi! My name is Christina. I'm 23 years old. I have a beautiful little boy that is now 3. I love being a mommy more than anything in this world and I'm ready to try for another. I have recently went to my OBGYN and had my Mirena IUD removed, but there's just one obstacle holding me back, and that's my weight. At 23 years old I weigh 317 pounds. And as hard as it is for me to type that, I know that its the first step towards taking control. I need to be held accountable for my actions. That's why I am here hoping that I can meet others who are in my shoes and that can support me and help encourage me. I've tired for years and I just can't do it alone. I need to be motivated. I think that will help me sooo much! So if any of you guys have any good tips or suggestions I welcome them with open arms Also, I would like to wish all of you good luck with your weight loss journeys!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! The first time I went to the Dr and he had me get on the scale I was shocked at the number. It was hard to admit to myself when I first started using WiiFit that I was actually obese--not just overweight.
Think of the fact that you want to live a long time for your little boy. I have a one month old niece and I want to be around to see her grow up.

The best advise I can give you is eat according to Food Guide--lots of fruits and veggies, lean meat and drink lots of water! With exercise find something that you like. Start off slowly.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you! Yes that is my main motivation right there. My son deserves to have his mommy in his life. What kind of mother would I be if I took that away from him sooner than it had to be? My doctor told me to stay away from foods with flour and no sweets. No fast food...which is gonna be hard for me. And I have a hard time not drinkin soda =/
Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Christina, you will find a lot of support here. Jump on into the threads and join the conversation and feel free to ask any questions. We have a lot of friendly people here, many of whom have a lot in common. You can join in any thread, but there is a 100+ pounds to lose thread in the Weight Loss section and a very active Motivational Thread in the Women's Corner section that I can point you to for support in particular. In the motivational thread, we post goals every Monday but you can jump in anytime! Congrats on your decision to get healthier...looking forward to "seeing" you around the boards .
Old 07-29-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much! I was browsing through the threads earlier and I seen that one! I will most definitely try my best to be very active on here. I'm sure it will help me so much. And yes, everyone seems to be so nice! Looking forward to meeting new people