View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
4.a.healthier.me
FitDay Member

This is a great thread, but if you would like a more active one, and more voices chiming in, you may want to look into the "100+ to loose" thread in the weight loss forum...It's a unisex thread, and a lot of the guys there have great comments and suggestions that may not come up in a women only thread...

Just a thought .

BTW, my suggestions about soda...

If you like the carbonation, try unflavored club soda or seltzer water. You can add a bit of fruit juice to it for flavor with little or no sugar, or you can go to a health food store and pick up some flavor drops and sweeten it with stevia instead

If you don't care about the carbonation, but just want to add some flavor to your still water, you can either use fresh lemon or lime juice, or make an herbal tea that you sweeten with stevia or some other no calorie sweetener

I don't drink coffee or tea, and I don't have much money for carbonated beverages of any kind, so my favorite drink is really watered down crystal light. I take an empty 2 liter bottle, fill it with filtered water, and add one of the "single serving" packets that you are supposed to add to a 16 oz bottle. I find that adding the packet to 16 oz is just to strong for me, but in a 2 liter it's just right

Hope these suggestions help you on your journey
Weight on 6/20/12 = 245.2 / BMI @ 38.4
Current Weight = 187.4 / BMI @ 29.35
Pounds Lost = 57.8 / BMI - 9.05

12/25/13 Goal = 175 / BMI @ 27.41
Pounds to go = 12.4

Inches lost= 26.5

Goal Weight = 150 / BMI @ 23.49
Pounds to go = 37.4

What I've learned along the way:

Just because no one sees it, doesn't mean it doesn't count

If at first you don't succeed... try, try again