View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
orangeflame
FitDay Member

Default Wow

It's so cool to see so many vegans and vegetarians on here!

Hey rawrollei, I was vegetarian for 15 years...for 5 of those I was vegan, and for one of those, I was high raw. I did NOT do well on high raw at all, to my dismay.

NOW I am whole foods vegan, except for organic chicken breast (which I truly despise eating, it grosses me out and makes me sad to ever have to eat a living creature, but my health was suffering).

I have raw greens every day, but I don't do well on much fruit or nuts. I've switched to more cooked whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, beans) and cooked veggies (asparagus, broccoli, etc). I feel better on this diet than I have in years, but I think each of our bodies have different needs.

I hope you find the perfect balance to bring you to optimal health. The running raw project is supercool, and Tim is such a charismatic and mesmerizing speaker. I could watch his clips for hours.

I am a little hesitant about the raw community these days, though. In my experience, they can be so narrow and rigid and dogmatic, they'd sooner let peoples' health deteriorate and completely disregard common sense for the sake of being ONE HUNDRED PERCENT RAW ::cue the music::. Looking back, much of what was said on those raw message boards was really silly. Every body has its own needs. Listen for those needs, and find your own path by trial and error.

Nice meeting you.
orangeflame is offline   Reply With Quote