View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member
Send a message via Yahoo to LMB2011

Originally Posted by jjrudd View Post
Been recently diagnosed as type 2 diabetic in March. While my A1C is still on the lower end my Dr really wants me to lose weight--well to put it bluntly, I HAVE TO lose weight.
Hoping keeping a log of what I eat will help me to see where I can cut back. Having a hard time being motivated to exercise when it's 90 degrees outside. I use video games (Wii Fit and Biggest Loser) for exercise and walk.
I was diagnosed as boarder line type 2 in September of last year. From one person who has been on this journy for almost a year, I am happy to share with you that keeping a log of what you eat will help you see where to cut back on. Small steps work the best. Before I was even diagnosed I was watching how much pop I was drinking, and how many sweet treats I was enjoying. I also use the Wii Fit as my work out. I love the plank, and the stepping. The other games are so fun that they don't even feel like your working out. As much as I hate getting lab every 3 months to check my A1C, I am thankful my doctor ran the test. I have learned so much since this site was recommended to me. As far as losing weight I have been able to maiantain a 40lb lose. Don't give up on what you are doing, you will see changes even if no one else does, do to them being tiny from month to month.
Start weight when starting tracking with fitday:
314- Nov. 28, 2011
Current weight:293-Dec. 14, 2013
Goal: 285

My Desirable weight: 125-160 (Lowest-Highest)

I'm just making lifestyle changes.

Wii Scale
3-29-2011 312lbs
3-30-2012 299lbs
4-2-2013 296lbs
LMB2011 is offline   Reply With Quote