Notices

1/3 of the way there!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default 1/3 of the way there!

I started on FitDay in February. Although I've had weight problems my whole life, I was the heaviest I'd ever been at 332 lbs (I'm 6'2"). I knew I had to make myself accountable for the calories I was eating, so I joined Fit Day. As of today, I'm down to 281. My eventual goal is to be at 180, but this first 50 pounds is really a blessing. I've worked very hard.

One of the best things about getting active is that long time health issues are getting better. I have lower back issues, but now my posture is better and there's less pain. My clothes are getting discarded because they're too big instead of too small.

I know I'm not where I need to be yet, but I love that I'm not ashamed of being 281, because it was only a few short months ago that I was fifty pounds heavier.

Now, for that next goal...
Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your first 50! What an inspiration you are and your outlook is motivation in and of itself. Relief from pain is a wonderful benefit of weight loss. Improved posture also will help build bone and muscle, when the bones and muscles can work together (in the state of improved posture) they continue to build each other. Great job!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations! It is such a good feeling to reach a milestone like that! I started where you did but in February of 2011. You will only feel better & better the more that you lose. Trust me ... I noticed that you are new to the forums. There is a women's only section where we post goals weekly and encourage each other to reach them without being critical of missed goals or complete failures. You should stop by and check it out sometime. Love to have another member!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Women's only boards

I may be there! Thanks for the invite, Wildbeanerz.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

I applaud your effort Keep at it and fight !, as you stated and is true for me too I have had a weight problem my whole life. I used to think Boy when I get off this diet I am going straight to get a ( insert unhealthy food choice) and I am so stupid I did just that three times in my life. I said diets don't work ! no Bo just never stayed the course, ! pleade keep at it and beat this dissorder !

congrats !