View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Mark me down as skeptical. I share the others trepidations about this approach. The idea would be fine if non-calorie foods like water didn't weigh anything either. The problem is you drink 8 ounces of water and you gain weight. Eventually you will excrete the water but it could take some time. The same goes for bodily waste. Unless you are willing to take a laxative on a regular basis or endure enemas the waste throws off your weight. I recently lost 5 pounds in a day. I am sure it was water and food waste as I know I didn't burn 17,500 kcal more that day than I consumed. Weight loss/gain happens long term. This method is just a modified fast. You may as well just eat 500 kcal per day and drink lots of water. Your results would probably be similar.

I know many of us here were looking for a lifestyle change that we could maintain for the rest of our lives so we could be healthier and fitter when we found Fitday. The fads and the Fasts and the purging are not sustainable. Changing what you eat and how much you indulge and especially your attitude about food will make for a sustainable healthier future.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote