Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Cate, adjustments would have to be made, I suppose for the type of shake mix you use. I don't actually have a recipe: I just eyeball water and ice cubes to throw in my shaker bottle. I add the egg substitute because it's already pasturized, so I don't have to worry about getting sick from raw eggs. It says on the store brand carton of egg substitute I buy that it can be used for shakes.

I use:

47g Walker Diet Protein Shake Mix Meal Replacement Drink (Banana Cream or Vanilla flavor
about 10 or so ounces cold water (shake is whey based so just needs water)
2 servings pasturized egg substitute (which would be 6-8 tablespoons total)
Ice cubes
Sprinkling of ground nutmeg or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring--I'll bet rum flavoring would be great in the banana as an eggnog flavor.

To my chocolate shake mix I don't add eggs, but add brewed cold decaf coffee or instant decaf freeze dried coffee granules and hazelnut or almond flavoring.

To my vanilla shake mix, if not adding egg substitute, I sometomes add Crystal Lite beverage powder to taste

Last edited by Mern; 07-22-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I'm guessing you accidentally posted this in the new thread? Oh well, looks like you're starting us off.

I'm in, I need to be. The next time someone tries to harpoon my big ass at the beach, I'm gonna attack them with a chainsaw.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Mike. I meant to start a new thread so that Cate would see my message to her about protein shakes. Thanks for making it a sticky.

Harpoon! I gotta go back and read the past couple days posts to see what your're talking about.

Your pics are incredible. They look so professional! Did you take photography classes?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Hi, Mike. I meant to start a new thread so that Cate would see my message to her about protein shakes. Thanks for making it a sticky.

Harpoon! I gotta go back and read the past couple days posts to see what your're talking about.

Your pics are incredible. They look so professional! Did you take photography classes?
I just know that people were eyeballing me at the beach and ready to harpoon me or push me back in the water. I don't feel like a whale yet, more like a walrus.

Thanks, No photography classes. I would really love to take one, I guess that would give me a good excuse to go buy a fancy camera.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I'd be in danger at a beach for sure. I'd have to wear a vibrant color so people wouldn't think I'm a whale.

If I could take professional looking pictures like you, I'd treat myself to an expensive camera.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

I am SO ready to get back on track! Covered almost 800 miles since Friday, eating at every restaurant along the way. Mackinaw was great, but ate deep-fried everything and, of course, famous Mackinaw fudge. Sunday, we made the trip to my two favorite wineries and stocked up for the year. Sampled 12 different wines, before picking out my favorites, so I'm moving a little slow today. At least after drinking all of that wine, I don't remember just how much I ate at the same time! lol

Too much birthday cake, too much deep-fried, too much wine... just too much! I NEED LIMITS!! Not weighing in until Friday...

Back to following the rules...

1. Calories between 1000-1200.
2. 80-90 oz. of liquid a day.
3. Walk daily! (Stop making excuses!)
4. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
5. Remember all vitamins and supplements.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning, fellow FitDayers

I'm sitting here arguing with myself over a second cup of tea as to whether or not to hit a trail this morning, and, if so, which one. I'm working at home today so I can conceivably get out there. I can do the 2-2.5 hour one with the wicked climbing, or I can do the 1.25 hour one that's relatively flat. Or I could stay put for now and hit the treadmill and weights later today. I'm considering how quickly it's going to get hot, how much work I have, the fact that I have an attorney calling me "anytime after 11," and the fact that I'm coming off a very rough night (slept about 4.5 hours). But that sounds like making excuses, which I've been doing too much of lately.

Thanks, Mern, for starting off, and Mike for sticky-ing.

Maybe by the time I've had my tea and posted goals, I'll have decided what to do...

P.S. Oh hai, Quinn!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Putting out the "greatest hits" of my goals, hopefully to hit them for the most part this week:

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules.
3. Drink 2 blue bottles or 3 clear bottles of water daily.
4. Log everything and post daily.
5. Eat clean.
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ).
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night.
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week.

I know I've already blown the sleep goal, but hopefully I can pull that out the rest of the week; I may try melatonin again. Between the sleep and the stress, I feel like a cortisol factory and I know that's not good.

This week will be easier in some ways and harder in others; hubby left this morning on a business trip and will return Friday evening.

Wishing you all a great week!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- wasnt around that much last week- so much going on with it being kids last week at school. But i did well and exercised so much. Had 3 exercise sessions last week- 2 bootcamps too and aas a family we all went on a walk which took us all 3 hours yesterday in the sunshine. So great to have the support of my partner and kids who are encouraging us all to get moving more and becoming a much more healthy famlily.
Had weigh in today and lost 1lb!! Im ecstatic to be under 11stone- dont remember ever being this and it feels fab!!
I would have liked to have lost a little more but the motivational talk today made sense and i think it could have been a reason- over estimated how many calories im burning but under estimating the amount of calories im eating!! So this week im making sure to be extra accountable and writing every little thing down to the exact calorie or as close as i can get.

Final bootcamp is in 6 weeks and my set goal is 10st 8lb- that 5lb to lose and i really hope to get to this and without sounding too over confident id love to even lose extra.

Heres to a fantasic week- Tracey xx
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

I had the most wonderful weekend. I spent the whole thing with my hubby. Saturday we didn't do much. Had delicious meals and we both got some exercise in and I did the laundry. Sunday was supposed to be a day he went on a dice run for breast cancer but his ride partner bailed at the last minute and he didn't want to go alone. So after breakfast he casually asked if I wanted to go shirt shopping. Awwww...he said he knew I need some shirts that fit better What a guy! I ended up with 4 new tops, 1 new work slacks, 2 new bras and a dress. Yep, you read that right...A DRESS! I may wait a little longer to wear it as it is a tad exposing on the cleavage at the moment but it was so cute and pretty and I made the decision to buy it. If it will upload for me I will show a pic later. I am not a dress person simply for the fact that I have no way to hide my belly in a dress. That is why I stick with skirts and tops.
Don't mind my flip flops, LOL! I was wearing shorts and a TShirt before trying clothes on.

I have to say that I am very proud of my hubby as well. Since buying the treadmill on Thursday he has spent 20 minutes on it every day. I think his switch is about to be flipped.

Oh and OMG you guys!!! I am 1.6lbs from 100lbs lost this morning. It has been steadily dropping over the past few day and if I keep that rate I should make my 100 by this weekend! I am really trying not to harp on it and I am definitely not letting it make me do anything crazy like not eating or working out like a maniac but I do really really want it!

Goals? Oh My....

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. 5 different fruits/veggies daily
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day this week
4. Walk on lunch M,T,Th & F (appt on W)
5. Weigh and post daily M: 232.8lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Do work paperwork every day
2. 20 day review & dr appt for son Weds
3. Find something positive each day (been focusing on some negative stuff so stealing this goal)

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 07-23-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.