Community
Notices

new with a belly

Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy new with a belly

hi guys, totally new to this, i just stumbled across a fitness article on fitday, and it was so useful, they know what they are talking about! so i decided, i have a fitness issue, and this is the best place to ask as i'll get a really good answer.
so me:

19 years old, only 5"1. slim in every way, strong legs, BUT, for some reason, i have a bit of a belly. well i say a bit, but my mother asked me if i was pregnant because she thought i looked it. sweet. i'm not too sure if its fat, a bloating that seem permanent or water retention. either way, i've been going to the gym four times a week for a month now..and the belly is still there. i cut out heavy carbs and drink nothing but water. anybody got any advice or help? thank you so much in advance!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shivz
hi guys, totally new to this, i just stumbled across a fitness article on fitday, and it was so useful, they know what they are talking about! so i decided, i have a fitness issue, and this is the best place to ask as i'll get a really good answer.
so me:

19 years old, only 5"1. slim in every way, strong legs, BUT, for some reason, i have a bit of a belly. well i say a bit, but my mother asked me if i was pregnant because she thought i looked it. sweet. i'm not too sure if its fat, a bloating that seem permanent or water retention. either way, i've been going to the gym four times a week for a month now..and the belly is still there. i cut out heavy carbs and drink nothing but water. anybody got any advice or help? thank you so much in advance!
How much do you weigh? How much water do you drink daily? Did this belly suddenly appear? Dow is your mom and other family members built?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

im a 25 year old guy who has kind of the same problem! Im Joe send me a mesage when ur on again and wel lose toether!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
How much do you weigh? How much water do you drink daily? Did this belly suddenly appear? Dow is your mom and other family members built?
i weigh around 49 kgs, my water intake sucks, i drink 500ml when at the gym, and a few more glasses through the day. neither parent is built or fit, mum has really bad water retention and dad suffered a hernia which led to him taking medicine daily giving him a pot belly. the belly didn't suddenly appear, it happened about 3 years ago, i just didn't worry too much about it.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

What do your workouts consist of? Have you been tracking your food. What Calorie deficit have you been achieving? If it is wate retention then increasing you water intake should actually help (Sounds kind of backwards, but true). If it is fat then you have to achieve a calorie deficit to force you body to draw on those fat reserves. There is an old saying that you can't out train a bad diet. So while exercise is good you still need to track your diet.