View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
JoziX
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by differentinside View Post
Okay, so here I am again, overweight. Three years ago I actually did it... got down to size 4 (I'm a lady) and 145 pounds. Now I'm right back where I started, 208 pounds and size 14. So, although I am the same person inside, I have had such different experiences having been fat and thin, and I've learned that thin girls definitely have more fun, and I want to be thin again. So here are some little tidbits of info that are really getting under my skin about being overweight, and I thought I'd share them.
1. Getting dressed totally sucks for a fat girl. I used to pull ONE outfit out of my closet when I was thin. It looked great. I was ready to go. Nowadays, I've got half the closet pulled onto the bed before I finally just settle on an outfit that feels good. Then, I try not to look into any mirrors as I go about my day.
2. Men treat me totally different than they did when I was thin. They held doors for me. They joked around with me. Do I want guys hitting on me? NO WAY! I'd just like it if when I walked into AutoZone, the guy behind the counter would look up from his copy of PlayBoy and wait on me. That would be nice. I'd like to be treated like a normal person, not some disgusting blob who has let herself go. Men are naturally shallow and their standards are high, and no, I don't want to go through life being unattractive to them. People may say that's not right and I should be doing this for myself. But think about it, and you'll see what I mean, ok?
3. My house is a mess right now. When I was thin, I kept my house in order. I felt good enough to do it. When I'm completing a project at home, I rarely feel hungry. Funny how a clean house and a "clean" body go hand in hand.
4. My kids and I had fun when I was thin. We ran together. We went out and did things outside. Now the poor kids are subject to sit in the house because overweight Mommy doesn't feel like doing anything. That's not fair. And now my older son is starting to put on pounds as well which is not good for him at all.
5. Photos. I could have screamed when I saw myself in my sister's wedding photos a week ago. And of course all those photos went on facebook, for everyone to see. So they see the fat I was trying to hide by only posting pics that were flattering and didn't show my double chin were hoaxes. I feel a lot like a big, fat version of Pinnochio right now. It's very embarrassing. My husband wants to get photos done at Christmas. We need to, but if I see anymore fat photos of me, I'm going to die.
When you're overweight, life is a struggle. The only thing some people see is my fat. So I have to get rid of it and get my life back. I'm hoping this site helps me. I am ready to feel good again, and be the person I feel like inside.
Thank you very much for this message. I don't think I've ever really thought about it - but bullet point 3 it is completely true (for me at least). When I allow my weight to escalate, stop focusing on it, I tend to lose focus in other areas of life as well.

I think whatever caused me to stop focusing on my weight goals is also the cause of me losing focus in other areas, as opposed to weight gain being the direct cause. That being said, its important to have a daily reminder of goals and expectations if your're prone to to letting all your balls drop at once.
JoziX is offline   Reply With Quote