Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinniepoo, congrats on being a weekend warrior! What made you leave the vegetarian lifestyle??
Hmmm... That's an interesting question. My meal choices are still about 90-95% vegetarian. I worked with my MD and, with his blessing, worked out a healthful vegetarian lifestyle. The only roadblock that I ran into were friends and relatives who constantly made ignorant comments, even though I was extremely discreet in my food choices. I never refused to go to any restaurant, etc. as I knew that I could always make the menu work somehow. By being 90-95% vegetarian, ignorant people got off my back, yet my diet remains very healthy. I eat very little red meat, (once a month maybe) no pork and chicken maybe once a week. By doing it this way, I can also enjoy traditional holidays (...like Thanksgiving) without throwing my intestines into a tailspin the following day. lol After you follow a vegetarian diet for a length of time, suddenly eating meat is a really bad idea.

How's the vaca going?? Still basting yourself with canola oil? lol
Old 07-14-2012, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Oh the vacation is okay. I figured that canola was a bad idea so I graduated to EVOO.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Quinn. That's great how you do vegetarian. Funny how some people think you have to eat meat to be healthy. Just shows the critics are uninformed as to the number of ways to get the same nutrition, especially protein.

Mike, I like the aroma of olive oil. Does it turn your GF on?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Wowza...no way I can catch up on this many pages! I'm jumping in quickly to get back in the good habits before Monday starts.

Had a lovely vacation. Food-wise, it was a mixed bag; we had some wonderful dining opportunities and I didn't deny myself anything, but I was also very active. Lots of ocean swimming, two evenings of tennis, a 14-mile bike ride, and then walking all over town the last two days. I came back with a renewed commitment to put some limits on my schedule so I can continue to exercise and shop for and cook healthy meals.

Today is laundry and proofing six reports from my postdocs that were in my inbox, but otherwise I can feel caught up and hit the ground running tomorrow, maybe even literally . Hope you all have had a good week and a most excellent weekend!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Mike, I like the aroma of olive oil. Does it turn your GF on?
she's being a bitchy, moody PITA. I'm not worried about turning her on.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Busy day in the kitchen - got three batches of jams and jellies canned. Weeded and watered a couple more gardens. And then parked my butt in front of the tv to watch "Thor" while eldest son made supper (he had spent the majority of the day playing vidiot, er, video games)! Had put my foot down - hey - how many calories does that burn?

Numbers for the day:

Calories: 1,500 Fats: 78.5g Carbs: 68.2g Protein: 131.2g

I was hoping to get my walk in tomorrow a.m., but mother nature might force me onto the treadmill! It is finally raining! Hope the rain keeps going - we are in dire need of water here in the east.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Don't have it in me to log. It's been a rough weekend, trolls-wise, but food-wise I did pretty well. I'm just not writing it down. Back on the horse full steam ahead tomorrow!