Notices

20 years old 50 pounds to lose

Old 04-07-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Smile 20 years old 50 pounds to lose

The first 10 are easy. That's what everyone says. And I've lost 10 to 15 before. But I'm 175 now and I want to get back to at least 140 by June 1st. Unrealistic?? I'm doing weight watchers as well. If anyone wants to help out you can bbm or gtalk or email me. Or just post on the forum. I really need support I always quit after 1 or 2 weeks. HELP

Bbm: pin:21e4a51d
Gtalk [email protected]
Old 04-07-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and good luck with your goal weight. I'm sure if you're determined to do it then you'll achieve your goal. Congrats on losing some weight already. I'll try to be around the forums too.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks a lot. I must admit I'm a frequent quitter but I really have the battery now I think this website will help a lot. Thanks again!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Not sure how to use this...

This is the first time I've logged in here. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - says to keep a food journal to aid in successful weight-loss and I somehow came across this.
You and I share a similar goal, I'm 24, currently 190 after having my second child (who is now 5 months, so no excuses :P) and I'd also like to drop 50lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was actually less, but 140 is a healthy weight for me.

I tend to be a quitter too, that is when I can even find the motivation to begin in the first place.

Anyway, just saw your post and thought I'd send some positive thoughts your way.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on taking the first steps to a better life!

I am on the same boat as you, Im 25 and my current weight is 178lbs I joined FitDay late last week and I am hoping to lose around 50lbs by the end of the year, im only about 5'4" so you can really see the weight in my body!

Good luck with everything and stay focused ;-)

Current weight: 178lbs
Goal weight: 125lbs
Old 04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Keep up the good fight!

My first time in a forum and glad to find I am not alone!

What is making a difference in motivation for me this time is a book called the Beck DIET Solution. It is worth checking out if you are struggling to find a place to strengthen your 'resistance' muscle (instead of your 'giving in' muscle-Dr Beck's terminology).

Check out her website and decide for yourself. http://www.beckdietsolution.com/Library/InfoManage/Guide.asp?FolderID=1&SessionID={5E513480-54C3-43F2-A463-C8698CEE755C}

I've 26.2 pounds down since I starting using this tool in February. Expect to work hard and learn to take care of yourself.

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies...room for one more?!

I'm 23 and almost two years ago decided I shouldn't be so fat (I topped out around 205). So far I've lost just over 45 pounds (floating somewhere between 155 and 160 right now). Back when I started this long journey, 150 sounded like a good round number, so I guess I'm still shooting for that. I'd actually like to lose one more pants size, and then see where I'm at and how I feel.

Love to hear your tricks and tips for being healthy and all those little achievements along the way!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm also quick to lose motivation, easily tempted. One problem is that my hubby tempts me and he's a fab cook! I always think if he didn't enjoy his food so much I wouldn't have so much trouble! I suppose I need to start eating differently to the family & I don't think he would object I just dont know if I can do it!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay, MissLisaMonet!

I'm a newby to the site myself and only started counting calories last week, so I haven't got much experience to draw on, but I already feel that taking control over what you eat is helping a lot to stay focused. I'm a quitter myself and I've been trying to lose these 15 pounds on and off again over the last 5 years, but never managed to lose more than 6 pounds or so. I'm all for support, so I'll try to pop in on this site as often as I can.

So best of luck to you and to everyone else! You can do it!!

Best wishes,

Molly
Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

hiya i too doing weightwatchers AGAIN!!! Done it about ten times and like you gave up too quickly. My last stint i lost 3 stone and ive got 2 more to go. Although i dont attend meetings anymore im trying my best to do it without- not too great so far but going to try harder now i got support on fitday!!! Weightwatchers is possible with the willpower( something i lack at moment), but you will do it and im here for any support you need in getting to goal. Lots of good luck to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.