View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
kitsune989
FitDay Member

I'm definitely an emotional eater. Its my biggest pitfall when it comes to dieting. I find doing something with my hands helps ( I knit). Personally I'm a big advocate of traditional japanese and mediterranean style diets. Both cultures have the longest healthiest lifespans in the world. The food is really tastey too the thing is portion control! I actually prefer wine over beer anyway, but I've seen that a few glasses a week (not everynight!) can be heart healthy. I also had amazing success with a program called couch to 5k. Its a running program meant for people who do nothing. It was a perfect start for me as I have asthma and it was slow enough I could keep up but not so slow I got bored. I even used a free podcast. They say that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise but that exercise is what keeps you from being skinny fat. Finding something you like is really key to success. If you aren't a big fan of traditional exercise I highly recommend pole dancing. Most areas have schools, and its not just for strippers! It is some of the best exercise I've ever seen being both cardio and strength. If you want to see something amazing youtube felix cane. She is the world champion and has never stepped foot in a night club. In fact she's in cirque de sole and is so talented and sexy!
20 pounds to go
kitsune989 is offline   Reply With Quote