I'm new to FitDay >

I'm new to FitDay

Community
Notices

I'm new to FitDay

Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm new to FitDay

I am new to FitDay and need lots of help and encouragement. I need to lose approx. 60 lbs and do not like hardly any of the foods you need to eat to maintain a healthy diet. I don't do seafood and very few veggies. I am trying to start eating some veggies, but struggling. My basic meals are meat and potatoes. Starches are a big weakness. My family has a restaurant and I work there as a manager. So you can see I have food around me all the time. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm like you! I need to lose 50 pounds and have a hard time with veggies. This week my goal is 3 servings a day! You with me? Potatoes of any kind are my weakness. Help!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

You could try working your veggies into sauces and creams that are with your other foods. Make smoothies using fruits if you don't like them either. It's hard to hear but you will need to learn to eat them. Honestly once you do it for a while you will lose your taste for the sweet foods and the veggies will taste much better.

I used to hate yogurt, cottage cheese, peaches, peas, and the list goes on. Now I would rather eat any of these foods over something high fat. It's a compromise at first but honestly you can change your taste preferences.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 07-10-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, I do drink fruit smoothies for breakfast. I could probably add some veggies it hour changing the flavor much. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Thanks for the advice about veggies. Cindy, I'm gonna try to be with you and do 3 servings a day. The advice about shakes/smoothies is a good one and I have been trying to make shakes/smoothies with fresh berries, etc. I have not added the veggies at this time. Please continue to forward any advice, words of wisdom and success stories.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
You could try working your veggies into sauces and creams that are with your other foods. Make smoothies using fruits if you don't like them either. It's hard to hear but you will need to learn to eat them. Honestly once you do it for a while you will lose your taste for the sweet foods and the veggies will taste much better.

I used to hate yogurt, cottage cheese, peaches, peas, and the list goes on. Now I would rather eat any of these foods over something high fat. It's a compromise at first but honestly you can change your taste preferences.
Thank you for your advice and your journey to reaching your goal. You have done an awesome job...I hope I do as well.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Well I'm new to these forums and I''m struggling to lose 55 pounds. let me introduce myself. I am a 60s something male and a lifetime member of WW. Needless to say I gained it all back. It's harder the second time around. I have lost 20 pounds, but now I am stuck on a plateau that just won't quite. I tend to snack and not on the low cal stuff. I tend to eat when bored. Darrel
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

I know how you feel about snacking on things that are not low calorie or "healthy". I am trying, but at the restaurant it is not easy. I mean with healthy options and fatty options, I tend to lean towards all the wrong things. My willpower is very weak and I want to make the changes needed.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hello today
I here what you say about veggies. I have trouble with them too. I like corn and peas niether of which is low in calories. I did manage to say no to more than a couple of cookies today. Which is a little victory to build on. Will have to see about making some smoothies. Have a good day and keep on working on the lifestyle change.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wildbeanerz, congrats on your weight loss! My highest weight was 300 last year. I lost 10% in 3 months, I think, and kept it off until recently. I am up to 275.4 today, and not happy about it. When you started, how did you kick the bad food and go for the healthier stuff instead? I keep getting cravings, and I have heard that the more carbs you eat, the more you will want. So I think I need to start staying away from them, but I was just wondering how you started out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.