View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
bluuangel
FitDay Member

Default NEED HELP...After much success, now on the verge of quitting

After having lost nearly 70 pounds over the past 1 1/2 yrs, 20 of them since January (when I joined a gym), I am BORED OUT OF MY MIND at the gym and am on the verge of quitting. You might say that I just need to switch-up my routine, but I have already done that several times and feel as though there is nothing left to switch to (Planet Fitness is a VERY basic gym). I have not quit going to the gym but have definitely started to slack off some. When I DO go, I am having to push myself extremely hard to finish my goal for the visit. THIS IS INCREDIBLY HARD, and I know I won't be able to keep it up. Fortunately, I'm not in bad shape now at 5'4" and 135 lbs., but I really had plans on losing another 10-15 lbs. I definitely DO NOT want to lose the progress I've made. I have no clue what I can do outside of the gym that will be just as effective as the machines at the gym. Maybe I could just get an exercise partner at the gym, but I'm afraid the boredom will only come back or never go away, even with a gym partner. I hate to run. Brisk walking doesn't burn enough calories. Racquetball or tennis would be great, but a partner is needed and who will do that 4-5+ times per week? I'm OUT OF IDEAS and SCARED TO DEATH! Someone PLEASE have a good answer for me...I would be very grateful!
bluuangel is offline   Reply With Quote