Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Good Monday Morning!

Ok people!!! Time to climb back on the wagon because it's looking pretty empty! Who's ready for another week?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Pretty much the same goals as last week... will have more time to focus on them this week, however... fingers crossed.

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200.
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily.
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch.
6. Walk daily.

Personal Stuff:

1. Start article for paper.
2. Call for eye appointment.
3. Compliment someone new every day. You never know what their struggles are.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I really stink at logging on over the weekend but I didn't fail over the weekend. I am basically the same as last week weight-wise. Down .4lbs though is better than up. That is with 2 cookouts this weekend so I will take it! My exercise is still lacking. I did manage twice last week and walked 4 out of 5 week days. I hardly count the walking as exercise anymore though. It is just something that I do.

Goals are about the same ...

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. 5 Fruits/Veggies daily
3. Walk on lunch (except Monday...lunch with the hubby ) M: Day off,
4. Exercise 3 times
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.0lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Water garden daily
2. Water houseplants (I neglect them)
3. Keep laundry caught up, it felt good last week!
4. Take compliments without putting myself down as a reply
Old 07-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in. I must have really partied like a rock star yesterday b/c I'm up nearly 5 pounds from yesterday.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm in. I must have really partied like a rock star yesterday b/c I'm up nearly 5 pounds from yesterday.
Wow! Was it worth it? LOL

A customer of mine's wife makes rum cakes and he told me the other day that towards the end of this month she will be live on QVC selling them. I thought that was odd but more power to her!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, LOL on not going overboard with your 4500 calorie controlled cheat. That 5 lb. gain must contain water retention--can't be from just one day.

April! Kudos on a fantastic job last week with 2 cookout and STILL coming up with a loss. You ROCK!!!

Quinn, it surely IS looking empty--must be due to vacations or just taking a break from the weight loss way of eating since it's summer. Could be, too, that people are still watching their food and fitness goals and just don't have time to post. Good luck to all of those of us toughing it out.

I intend to stay on track this week and be more faithful about exercise. Didn't do well at all on THAT last week--the heat wave truly had an impact on my lack of it. Looks like were finally in for the break in the heatwave that was forecast twice and was wrong--it's almost 1PM and only 85 degrees. What a welcome change!

Question for cooks:

Yesterday I made some BBQ sauce from scratch. After it simmered for 30 minutes I readjusted the seasonings and it was delicious. But after it cooled, it was bland for the second time. I had to add more Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and chili powder again to give it any flavor at all.

I don't remember having that problem before with homemade tomato based BBQ sauce. This new recipe had diet cola in it. Could that have anything to do with depleting the flavor of the spices?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I'll try to log/report more regularly this week. Didn't do badly last week even with only sporadic reporting, except last night when it was too hot to cook and we ended up ordering pizza...and hubby bought cupcakes for dessert. I don't even like heavy food when it's hot, but it was in front of me. I didn't check the scale this morning because whenever I eat salty food I'm up about 5 pounds the next day.

Same goals as last week:

1) 1600 calories or less
2) move
3) 64oz water +
4) 20% protein
5) vitamins

6) post one good thing that happened every day
Old 07-09-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

OK, I'm gonna try

1) 1650 cals max
2) stretch every day
3) some form of exercise 2x this week
4) 64 oz water
5) one hour writing min 4x this week
6) try to stay sane

Last edited by canary52; 07-09-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be going on vacation on Friday. I'll try to stick to the plan as best as I can, no guarantees though.

I'm starting the week at 181.2#

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day (green veggies don't count against me)
2) drink a gallon of water a day
3) take vitamin daily
4) take fish oil daily
5) 2000 cals deficient for the week by Friday
6) workout 2 times

Non Health & Fitness
7) Write 3 policies
8) push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals
Old 07-09-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I didn't do horribly last week, even if I did slip off the wagon Friday night. Down 2 pounds. Could have been more, but considering I've gained the last few weeks, any loss is still a loss. I'll post my goals when I get home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.