Notices

Trying One Last Tine

Old 07-09-2012, 03:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Red face Trying One Last Tine

I amtrying one last time to lose 85 pounds, am sick of the choices in 22 sized clothing, my clumsiness, and lack of energy to chase my Granddaughters. I am 68 years of age and if I can't do it this time I never will. I have gained and lost it all at least three times and feel like this is it. So as Ronald Regan once said--"Here we go again". Hubbyand I are going to Branson Missouri in Sept--and will try really hard to have at least 20 pounds gone by then. So we shall see--Nancy
Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you for giving it 'one more try'. I really wish you wouldn't see it that way though. This is something that you will have to do for the rest of your life. If you lose 10 or 20 pounds a year it could take 5 yrs to lose the weight. It really isn't something that can be viewed as one more time. Even if you lose no weight the exercise and healthier eating will be better for your body regardless of what size you are.

Sorry if that comes across as rude.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

yOU WERE NOT RUDE AT ALL--GIVING ME THE TRUTH IS WHAT i NEED--tHANKS--AND YES, i do know that eating better in general is good all around for me--so, there still is HOPE, right? Nancy
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, there definitely is hope! I wish you all the success in your journey.

You should stop over in the women's section and check out the motivational thread. A new one is stickied to the top of the forum each week. We make our own goals and encourage each other to keep pushing towards them.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

wILL DO, nANCY--tHANKS FOR POSITIVE RESPONSES.