Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support

Community
Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb feedback: needs to be easier to add recent foods

In the Fitday 2 beta, there are too many steps involved in adding recent foods.
  • In order to find my food, I may have to page through several pages to get to it -- a single scrollable alphabetical list would be much easier to use
  • Once I find my food and hit the green + button, it does not add my food, but brings me to the food page, from which I can add the food. Please remove this step and if desired add a different way to go to the food's detail page

It looks nice, but in terms of getting my foods entered, I'll be going back to classic for now.

By the way, if there is any way to make fitday not timeout all the time, that would be really, really, really nice. I keep a tab open on my computer all day, but usually have to log back in every time I eat something.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

I second all of robynkoz's comments!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default Don't expect much

Yeah, sorry, but this was among the most discussed issues in FitDay Beta and nothing was done about it. The "detour" to the nutrition page was added not long before the 2.0 release (they did a similar thing with the activity log). Previously, it was a click on the green "+" and, poof!, your food/activity was added. Although I'm less annoyed with scrolling through pages, the current delay in adding stuff is frustrating. The primary response that I have seen is, "switch back to classic or pay for premium." Premium does not appear to have this issue. Speaking of which, a dollar a week is not much money for many people. However, like many internet offerings, this service is not worth it for a lot of others. Personally, I switched back to classic also, which is too bad because I mostly liked the upgrade.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by robynkoz
In the Fitday 2 beta, there are too many steps involved in adding recent foods.
  • In order to find my food, I may have to page through several pages to get to it -- a single scrollable alphabetical list would be much easier to use
  • Once I find my food and hit the green + button, it does not add my food, but brings me to the food page, from which I can add the food. Please remove this step and if desired add a different way to go to the food's detail page
If you start typing your item in the browse box then click on the 'recent' tab it will bring up that item right away, then you just have to hit the green + button (and quantity, if different than the amount that comes up) and your food is added. Works the same way for the custom foods. I find it very quick to add foods this way.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Adding Food Quickly

Not sure if this is releated, but I don't see a way around that 'nutrition facts' page when adding. I believe someone stated this before. It should be when I search, identify the food to add, I change the amount as needed and click the '+' to add it to the log. Doesn't work that way now.

PS: Someone says to pay for it, but there are now some pretty good competitors out there for free (with an Android app). I'm debating which way I want to go.

Also: I would really like it if they put a calculator showing you how many calories you have left in the day - makes it easier to visualize at a quick glance.