View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
JaimeMWS
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! I'd suggest doing some research on nutrition and dieting, and also don't take a website's word for what your healthy weight is. After boot camp, you probably had a lot of good muscle mass, and muscle weighs more than fat (but takes up less room, which is why your measurements kept you in regulation size). If you were size 12 and fit at 150, that might be a good target for you. You can always reassess then and set another goal lower if you want The danger of dieting is that when we reduce calories and fat we often also reduce protein - and then our muscle mass shrinks. (I am your same height, and the one time I was down to 115 was after the Scarsdale Diet, and I was still flabby, and the weight came back and then some after I stopped depriving myself so much.) A great thing about FitDay is that we can track protein as well as calories - try to get at least 60 grams of protein a day, and exercise to build up that muscle mass again!
Or at least that's been my experience. I'm not a doctor - but a lot of doctors don't know much about weight loss, so we guinea pigs have to research for ourselves
Best wishes, and remember you are worth it!
Jaime

55 years old
most recent starting weight (pre-FitDay) 195
present weight 175
initial goal 165 and exercising consistently 3x/week
JaimeMWS is offline   Reply With Quote