Notices

Green Smoothie Recipes

Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Green Smoothie Recipes

Hi Everyone! I was hoping we could share our veggie/green smoothie recipes. I just made my first one yesterday and so far so good. I was wondering what you have tried and what your favorite (or not so favorite) mixes were. Thanks!

This is what I made yesterday...

1/2 cup Lite V8 Fusion - Pomegranate and Blueberry
2 big handfuls spinach
1 banana
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup sliced frozen peaches
ice

I only drank 1/2 of it (very filling) so this morning I had the second half and added.....1/2 apple, 1 TBSP reduced fat peanut butter.

I really liked it yesterday. This morning, I did not like the grainy texture of the apple, but really liked the addition of peanut butter.

I would like to start adding my veggies and less fruit but I am looking for good mixes. A friend of mine recommended chard and strawberries......any other ideas???
Old 06-27-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have exact recipes for the smoothies I make (I measure when I make them, but the amounts vary day-to-day), but here are a few combinations that I've enjoyed:

Kale/spinach/blueberries/blackberries/almond butter
Kale/mango/strawberries/peanut butter
Spinach/banana/peanut butter

Another thing I've seen floating around recently is the idea of adding soaked oats to a smoothie. Here's an interesting one I found:

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-25-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Link removed due to soliciting money on it
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the ideas. I think I am going to try mango tomorrow.

I tried adding almonds in the one I had this morning. I even soaked them overnight and peeled them before blending.....but I don't think my blender is good enough to puree them. There were a lot of tiny almond pieces in the smoothie....would much rather add peanut butter.

Have you ever tried chard in a smoothie?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Really tasty green smoothie recipe:
Water/frozen mango/frozen strawberries/frozen banana/kale leaves.
Blend it up and enjoy.
Sometimes I will add chia seeds or hemp hearts to give it a little boost.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

mmmm.... I had a good one this morning. Watermelon/frozen peaches/strawberries/spinach/ice.

I also made one with cucumber/spinach/blueberries/banana/watermelon the other day and it was really good too. You can taste the crispness of the cucumber in it.

Thanks for the ideas!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't used a recipe; just add from what I have on hand

greens - lots spinach, mixed greens, kale, chard, wheatgrass/powder
seaweed - a little chlorella, spirlina, kelp
fat -a little coconut oil, macadamia nuts, avocado
fruit - lots of low GI fruit like berries; easy on the sweeter 1/3 frozen banana, apple, pear, mango, cherry
veg - medium amount 1carrot, 1celery, 3mushrooms...
protein -a little whey powder
liquid- as needed filtered water, coconut milk unsweetened, almond milk unsweetened
other- a little chia seeds, bee pollen, raw almond butter, cacao nibs, inulin/FOS, coconut kefir, yogurt, flax seed, cinnamon, medicinal herbs....

Normally I taste and add more fruit if needed. 1-2 cups of frozen mixed berries and 1/2-1/3 frozen banana usually cover all the greens, but I don't need it to sweet these days
Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So many really terrific ideas for blends! I bought a Nutri Bullet (as seen on tv) as my blender made a drink that was more like grass clippings and unblended nuts . The Nutri Bullet takes things such as kale and collard greens and nuts and makes them smooth as silk!

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Mmmm! I love green smoothies! Do you know another recipe that has a higher calorie count or more saturated fats?? I am trying to up my intake!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sophierich77
Mmmm! I love green smoothies! Do you know another recipe that has a higher calorie count or more saturated fats?? I am trying to up my intake!
This site is really not designed for people who are looking to log their intake to gain weight. Read this: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...t-read-me.html

And please refer to 01gt4.6's response to your other post in the Women's Corner. He says it best, but in a nutshell, please stop trolling our site; saying you want to gain 100 pounds so you can be on The Biggest Loser is not believable to anyone.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

I use Almond milk instead of juice, I add just about any fruit that you can think of, but I use frozen, I also add kale and baby spinach and the last thing is a scoop of whey protein. I do use fresh kiwi, peeled, since they are so good for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.