Notices

Here I go again...

Old 04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Here I go again...

Here I go, trying to lose weight for probably the 50,000th time. Ugh! This is new though, I have never used one of these websites. I am really hoping to find some support on here. I am really hoping that holding myself accountable to posting my caloric intake and exercise I will make better decisions. I want things to be different this time. I am too young to be concerned about my weight. If I don't look good in my bikini NOW, I might lose my chance to ever look good in it! I want to look amazing, I want to feel amazing. This time it has to work. I ate entirely too much tonight and feel like crap once again. I do not want this feeling anymore. I want control. I want change. Wish me luck!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck

Tracking my food is the best thing I've ever done, I need the accountability. Things are a lot more "real" to me when they've been put in black and white.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

I just recently decided to take my life back, after the 50,000th time too, so I understand what you're saying. I spent my life focused on everything BUT me, and now I recognize that if I don't take control, I will become old and feeble. I want to be strong and in control of my life. I'm doing a fitness center with a program designed specifically for me 5 days a week, and I find that posting my calories on this site really has helped me to see what I take in. It definitely makes me make better choices. I'm using the calories burned vs consumed tab to really watch my weight goal. I hope you do well. Don't let another day escape you. Post your calories here BEFORE you eat them, and maybe you'll decide not to do it. Good luck and God bless you,
Old 04-14-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck!!

Don't be too mad at yourself for pigging out. Just remember, every day is a new day, cut yourself some slack and start over :-).
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

I always joke that in my life I've lost 362 pounds, only problem is that I've gained 492! Hello, my name is Amy and I'm a rebound diet-aholic. But I gotta say I'm loving this website. I make much better choices especially at dinner when I know that I've already eaten a certain number of calories in any given day and I'm this many more from going over my set limit. It's a big help.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I always joke that in my life I've lost 362 pounds, only problem is that I've gained 492! Hello, my name is Amy and I'm a rebound diet-aholic. But I gotta say I'm loving this website. I make much better choices especially at dinner when I know that I've already eaten a certain number of calories in any given day and I'm this many more from going over my set limit. It's a big help.
I totally agree with you about the calories at dinner! It's always a great feeling, too, when you have a ton to spare and you get to treat yourself to something awesome!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Yup accountability has been the key...

... for me at least.

I have pretty good habits over all, but just couldn't drop the 30 pounds I really wanted to shed. As I looked down lists of "habits of skinny people", or "habits of long time losers - weight that is" I kept stumbling over "food jounalling". Pretty much all the others were a part of my life already. I had tried jotting things down in a little notebook but was always too much work and not very satisfying.

Along comes Fitday - or actually Fitday was here, it was me that stumbled across it - and all the pieces fell into place. And Ta-Da: 3 months, 30 pounds and I am at goal. (or will be officially on Friday).

It takes a little time to get up to speed, but once you do you find it even more addictive that cheesecake! Or at least I hope you do.

Pam
Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Yup accountability has been the key...

... for me at least.

I have pretty good habits over all, but just couldn't drop the 30 pounds I really wanted to shed. As I looked down lists of "habits of skinny people", or "habits of long time losers - weight that is" I kept stumbling over "food jounalling". Pretty much all the others were a part of my life already. I had tried jotting things down in a little notebook but was always too much work and not very satisfying.

Along comes Fitday - or actually Fitday was here, it was me that stumbled across it - and all the pieces fell into place. And Ta-Da: 3 months, 30 pounds and I am at goal. (or will be officially on Friday).

It takes a little time to get up to speed, but once you do, you may find it even more addictive that cheesecake! Or at least I hope you do.

Pam
Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the support and tips!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
... for me at least.

It takes a little time to get up to speed, but once you do, you may find it even more addictive that cheesecake! Or at least I hope you do.

Pam
Pam - I am in the same boat girl! I HATED the food journalling and trying to figure out how many calories I freaking ate... now with FitDay my life is so much easier. I track my food everyday, either all at night after the kids go to bed (I eat the same breakfast and lunch everyday so I just have to remember dinner) or the next morning. I love the simplicity. By the way, YOU GO GIRL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.