Notices

Mom's cooking spareribs - HELP!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mom's cooking spareribs - HELP!

Hi,

My mother's cooking pork spareribs for dinner, and I want to limit my intake (I've already eaten about 1600 calories today.) How do I enjoy dinner with my family and stick on my plan?

Behlor
Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by behlorsantifit2012
Hi,

My mother's cooking pork spareribs for dinner, and I want to limit my intake (I've already eaten about 1600 calories today.) How do I enjoy dinner with my family and stick on my plan?

Behlor
hmmm, you may just have to write that day off, unless you skip the spareribs .
Old 06-16-2012, 06:19 PM
FitDay Member

Just eat a smaller amount of the rib meat than you usually would and eat more vegetables on the side.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 PM
FitDay Member

There is no way to sensibly eat spareribs, and I am ok with that. I would write off the day and enjoy yourself, but don't eat till your stuffed. Eat one and think about it before you have the next. Don't put six on your plate. If you go over, don't beat yourself up. They are really good!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

If you Eat only 2 ribs and fill up with salad, with Low cal dressing, that would allow you to enjoy with your family without going crazy with calories. I agree that there is No reason that you should beat yourself up, regardless. If it makes you feel better about it, Consider Taking a walk before or after and burn off 150-200 calories, and you'll be on track.

Have fun with the family, and don't let it stress you!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the input... I gorged on the ribs But I didn't beat up on myself.... I don't visit my mother everyday, so it's cool... Behlor