View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Magicme94
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljpje View Post

Anyone here heard of low carb high fat diet? lchf is supposed to be a good diet to lose weight and control diabetes 2. This runs in my family so I am really interested and have actually started to implement some of the diets strategies. I am cutting my carb intake drastically and am staying away from refined carbs which spike up my blood sugars. This morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and then for lunch I had tuna with lots of mayo and lettuce and onions. I dont feel hungry. Any thoughts?
Hi, I have been on LCHF for about 3 weeks now. I am not a diabetic....I have done it for weight loss, as I simply could not control my weight on carbs, no matter how much I exercise etc. I started LCHF after spending a month in Sweden where this life style of eating is very popular.
The following links are about LCHF (I'm sorry if you have already read them).

Diet Doctor - Real food for your health

LCHF - A way of life: Annika Dahlqvist: About me and my blogg

LCHF is the shit - YouTube

If you haven't already ready them I suggest you read the research, read personal blogs and watch videos by Andreas Eenfeldt, MD. (the Diet Doctor) and Annika Dahlqvist who give evidence on their research on why LCHF is very good for a diabetic life style.. but of course you need to make up your own mind.

On a personal note, LCHF has given me incredible control over my eating habits, the weight loss is already notable, I feel a greater sense of calm, and sharper in the mind at the same time. So for me so far so good. Good luck with the life style you choose.
Magicme94 is offline   Reply With Quote