Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Looks like we all had a rough week last week! No more excuses! Time to get busy and focus on our health. No excuse is worth neglecting your health and happiness, so let's kick butt this week!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

I am the queen of justification and excuses... but not this week! I am determined to make my diet and health a priority this week. Whether I'm on the road, have family obligations, am too "busy"... no matter. I will stay focused on myself first... for at least one week! So, join me in 7 days of "me first" thinking. Be bold! Be brave! We can do this!

This week's goals:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; no excuses!
2. 3 fruits or vegetables minimum per day; no excuses!
3. Take all vitamins and supplements; no excuses!
4. Walk daily, rain or shine; no excuses!
5. Hydrate all day long; no excuses!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default I am in!

I had an aha moment last night regarding choosing the wrong priorities as well. Truthfully, I have been struggling since the beginning of the year. I too need to start making myself a priority again...really, the world won't fall apart!

1. Calorie limit 1200.
2. Exercise 6 hours.
3. Drink water. Keep drinking.
4. Take vitamins and supplements.
5. Make good food choices (balance, fiber, eat clean, etc.)
6. Sleep 7 hours per night.

Work stuff and home stuff...well, this is the place to focus on me. That can stay on its own list and I'll work off that.

I'm determined to have a great week.

Mike, you didn't wreck the bike last week, did you? C'mon and get on board, dude!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

I had a similar "aha moment" last week as well. I realized that I made bad food choices (especially on the road) not because clean foods were not available, (my usual excuse) but because I either felt sorry for myself, thought that I "deserved it" for having a tough day, or as a comforting mechanism. Well, not this week. Time to put my health first. The scale is moving, and it's not down! lol
Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

I fell off the thread last week but not the wagon (entirely). I just get busy and don't feel like I can keep up with everyone else so I don't come to post because I feel bad for not being able to read and offer everyone the same support that they are offering to me.

Had a wedding Saturday. It was a very small occassion with only about 45-50 guests. Very cute & intimate. Outdoors in the country. It was perfect. It started at 2, we stayed at the reception until 8 then went home & grabbed the kids and went to the after party bonfire until about 11. It was such a beautiful day. I ate 2 cupcakes was the worst of my damage that day. ... Yesterday however I kept picking at stuff to eat. Luckily most of it (except the Hershey kisses & Hugs) was healthy. I ate strawberries, grapes, orange, apple, granola, 1% milk, grilled chicken breast, butter & parsley boiled potatoes, mixed frozen veggies...oh and a cheeseburger with special k cracker chips on a thin bun for lunch. It was a lot of food and I just kept picking here and there. I was bored but hubby wanted me to spend the day with him so we just kind of holed up in our room lounging on the bed with laptops and watching guy tv all day. I didn't even do the laundry that I started Saturday morning.

Even with all of that though...the scale was down 1.6lb since last Monday. Have I mentioned that at this point I weigh less than I did when I got together with my hubby at age 15? I vaguely remember at that age stating that I weighed about 240lbs. Who knows how accurate that was since I don't remember being weighed but I am in the same size clothing or one size smaller than I was when we got together so I currently weigh the least that I have in my entire adult life (considering for me that I became an adult at 15 ).

Does anyone else have a problem when they go to think of the number that they currently weigh your mind automatically first thinks of a number about 40lbs heavier than what you are? When I start to think of what I weigh my mind usually goes in the 270's for some reason. Today I weigh 237.8 but even as I just typed that my mind said 278. Is that just part of the mental adjustment that needs to happen over time. Is it from my constantly changing weight and my mind not keeping up with it? It's just weird. I would think that being happy to weigh less that would be the number that comes to mind first! It is frustrating!

So let's try this again...

Health/Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily
2. Exercise 3 times (how hard is that?)
3. Walk on lunch
4. Fruits, veggies & dairy until dinner
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Walk Chloe 1 time
2. Water garden daily
3. Weed flower bed

My goals list seems short this week but I am having a hard time accomplishing goals so I'm keeping it simple this week.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I didn't wreck it. I posted the track video last week. I need to be on this wagon desperately. I seem to get on and come Wednesday or Thursday I'm running behind it. Come Friday, I find myself no longer running behind.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

....Mike? .... Is that you?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ducking in and hiding my head in shame.

I'm in....again. I'll post goals when I get off work. I have some in mind, just trying to fine tune them.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

nope, that's me. what you can't tell is that the wagon backed up over me a few times last week before finally coming to a rest on top of me
Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

I love this. I think if you look, you'll find us all under there. I too sometimes get overwhelmed not being able to respond to everyone. Don't worry; you don't have to and BTW you're doing great.

Hi Mike, hi Tori, good to see ya. Let's see if we can stick it out this time.

Last edited by canary52; 06-25-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.