Notices

2012 is the year of change - from 330 to 220

Old 12-27-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Arrow 2012 is the year of change - from 330 to 220

Hey there -- I've been following for a while, and finally in the right mindset to fully commit to a full on lifestyle change for 2012. I've tried this several times before, but kept getting off track, and regained any weight... this year is different! This isn't a New Years resolution, its something thats been a long time coming!

I spent the past several years in school, working long hours, but have realized that in 2012, there are no excuses to get in my way -- its the year where i'm going to focus on losing the weight i've had all my life.

I'm in my late 20's and about 330lbs -- I'm pretty tall, but need to get down to around 220lbs to be considered healthy again.

I've been on and off over the last year been exercising more and eating (a bit) better, but I'm going to ramp this all up in 2012. I find when I give myself an agressive goal, I do a lot better, so I've planned a bit of a personal roadmap for the year.

I know that there will be challenges along the way, and it may not always work out to plan, but I feel better having a starting point to guide me.

Weight Goal:
Starting Weight: ~330 (figure i'll be at that for Jan 1)
Goal Weight: 220
Target Monthly Weightloss: 10lbs

Exercise Goal
- complete 1 hour of exercise minimum 2x/week, ongoing (gym, bike, jog, etc)
- climb local mountain minimum 2x by November 2012

Food Goals - I set this, as I eat out a fair bit. Need to cook at home more.
- eat 3,000 calories/day (need 4200 to maintain)
- eat breakfast at home minimum 6x/week
- eat lunch at work minimum 3x/week
- eat dinner at home minimum 4x/week

Misc Goals:
- able to run 4km (2.5 miles) without stopping by Aug 31, 2012
- post minimum 1x/week on FitDay forum, ongoing (keep me focused!)

I'm open to any advice or guidance -- As you see by my last goal, I'll post on this thread once a week for an update. This community is a powerful tool, and the people on here are great at providing support!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your recommitment, thinkdavis! I see you've been around quite a while. The site continues to grow and there will be even more support and encouragement forthcoming. Keep us posted on your progress, and best wishes!

Originally Posted by thinkdavis
I'm open to any advice or guidance -- As you see by my last goal, I'll post on this thread once a week for an update. This community is a powerful tool, and the people on here are great at providing support!
Since you plan on updating, hope you don't mind that I've moved this thread to the Men's forum.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back. 110 pounds is a lot to lose in 1 year but it can be done. There are people here that have done it. That goal probably won't leave much room for error, so you'll have to focus and be extremely driven.

If you have any questions just ask!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks! I know its a lot, but I figure why not aim high? When I break it down, its 10lbs per month, and for a guy my size, it sounds like it is dooable (though it will still be challenging).... even if i end up hitting half of that in the end, its still significant!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

I know they moved this to the guy's section but I wanted to wish you well in your journey. I look forward to seeing your success stories along the way. Make sure even if you don't want to post them that you take some before...during...and then after pics! You won't believe the differences you will see.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

100 lbs. off in a year (or less) is certainly doable. I personally suspect you may have to taper that 3K cals a day down a bit, though (eventually, if not right off the bat). Keep us posted!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks for the confidence.

I figure with 4200 calories to maintain my weight, eating 3,000 and working out 3 times/week should allow me to lose 2-3 pounds/week.

In the past 10 days, I started at 337, now at 333 -- small change, but its a start. Hope to keep up this pace.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So its a New Year, and while my weight loss journey didn't/doesn't begin on Jan 1, it seems like a good day to post an update.

Been exercising a lot, eating better, and cooking at home the past couple of weeks, and its (slowly) making a difference. My weight as of this AM, is 333lbs.

With my goal of 10lbs/month, I hope to be 323 by Jan 31st.

I also ended up buying an xBox Kinect over Boxing Day, and bought the Biggest Loser video game, for the days I can't get to the gym or its raining out.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

I look forward to hearing about your progress. I started eating better and excercising in mid December. I too would like to loose about 10lbs a month, and I'm also starting the year around 330, although you are 4 inches taller than me. Keep up the good work. I'm gonig to do my best to do the same.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks! I read your post, looks like you're off to a good start already -- keep checking back, as im going to post every week or so. Fighting to lose the first 10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.