Notices

roll over ads

Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default roll over ads

Has anyone found a way to stop the rollover ads from playing? Anytime my mouse even gets close, it will start the video ad - which is VERY frustrating. Popup blocker does not stop them. This is irritating enough to make me stop using the program.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 AM
IBswilson

You're in the right place.

We try our best to not allow takeover/expanding ads on FitDay. Unfortunately, we cannot always control the ads being delivered through our advertising partners. Please feel free to post in the forums or email us via the contact link at the bottom of the page and we will have the offending advertisements removed.

Any additional information or screenshots would be very helpful.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks! The ad is for the Cleveland Clinic MyChart - and appears on the Create a Custom Food page. In retrieving the screen shot for you, it actually opened up and started playing one video from the ad across the top and then two more videos (layered) from the ad down the right side. Ugh.

Your message box won't allow me to paste the screen shot, no URL to "insert link" and no way to attach a file, (hat I can tell). Hope that is enough information.

thanks again!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Administrator

If you email the screenshot to [email protected] that would help tremendously; we make a daily effort to ensure that our ads are inoffensive and do not interfere with our members' ability to use the site