Notices

New-I'm confused

Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy New-I'm confused

I'd like to see my calorie balance ie. how many calories I have left to burn if I want to lose weight not my calorie lifestyle in my food log. Do I need to upgrade to premium to get that? Why can't I see that? Seems like that would be pretty standard.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Melanie. Not sure I'm following you, exactly. You are seeing what FitDay considers your daily calorie burn, correct? Once you know that, you simply decide how much under that figure you wish to stay for your desired weight loss (not that weight loss always goes in a linear fashion, but on average it should more-or-less work out).

Theoretically, if you stay 500 calories under your daily burn, you should, on average, lose one pound per week. 1000 calories under should net you two pounds, and so one. Of course, there is more to it than that, but that's the basic premise.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 AM
IBswilson

There is a calorie balance chart in the chart picker on the right hand side of almost every page.

You can manually select that chart each time or set it to be the default chart on any page you choose by updating your settings.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

I can't figure out how to add a food. When I click on the green plus sign, nothing happens. ???
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by yere
I can't figure out how to add a food. When I click on the green plus sign, nothing happens. ???
Do you mean adding food to your daily log?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Gave up

Sorry after 3 days of fit day constantly freezing up every time I tried to log the food in, I gave up.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-26-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: removed competitor name per FitDay rules