Notices

I am aching all over!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Red face I am aching all over!!!

so far its been 2 days of an actual routine, foods and exercise, I know I have to quit the fast foods and junk and all stuff thats fattening!
I joined FitDay last week and started out with 3 days of excersie and sensible foods, I kinda struggled during this weekend but I got myself back together for this week and I've decided to quit processed and fast foods, I really wanna get into a bathing suit this summer, that is my short term goal! i wanna be able to go to the pool or the beach and feel good about myself, not to feel ashamed, cover up and end up crying (as I usually do) because how i've let myself become ...I also need to work on my self esteem, its been a huge issue for me for the past 7-8 years, i have to learn to love myself again

wish me luck...
Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Hello Browneyed!

Hi there,
Go easy on the exercise especially if you haven't exercised for a long time... go with it gradually, also finding someone to go for walks with you will make things easier... listening to your mp3 player, walking the dog or talking to a buddy while exercising would keep you focused more on the things other than the walk itself... do not skip warmups, stetching (learn to stretch properly) and cool down... these will basically decrease if not make the after-exercising pain disappear... drink lots of water and breathe in using all your lungs... breathing deeply means that your red blood cells are delivering plenty of oxygens to your musclesm, therefore your muscles can work properly and get tired later than usual...
Buy a heart monitor and make sure you are within your exercising zone... and you can define your maximum heart rate by substructing your age from 220...
in my case I have 220 - 29 = 191... I never go past 80% of the 191! (it should be no more than 90%)
I hope these were helpful for a start... I do not wish to confuse you
Good luck... I am in the middle of the journey and I hope you enjoy the same way, if not more that I do!
Regards,
H
Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I ache all over too, but I'm a walking barometer and we have a front moving in. Argh. Welcome to fitday.com. This is a great tool for weight loss. There are different threads on the Women's Corner geared toward how much you want to lose, you might want to check them out.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for all the advise I will keep all of that in mind to make sure i make the most out of my workouts! ;-)
Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I wish you well! I just wrote about that in my journal today. Self esteem has a lot to do with obesity. Send me an email and lets talk. I think we really we could be good for each other. [email protected]
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Wishing you lots of luck! =)
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrs102297
I wish you well! I just wrote about that in my journal today. Self esteem has a lot to do with obesity. Send me an email and lets talk. I think we really we could be good for each other. [email protected]

yes! selfesteem is one of my big issues, feeling pretty inside and out, but I wanna do it for myself I have a very supportive boyfriend and I know he loves me no matter what but I wanna be able to marry him one day and look and feel beautiful on a wedding dress,

we should definitely talk!

Last edited by Browneyez31; 04-23-2010 at 01:15 AM.