Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
new to fitday but not new to diets long road to recovery at a shamefull 304lb >

new to fitday but not new to diets long road to recovery at a shamefull 304lb

Community
Notices

new to fitday but not new to diets long road to recovery at a shamefull 304lb

Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy new to fitday but not new to diets long road to recovery at a shamefull 304lb

hi all i am new to fitday but i am not new to diets etc.. but i have lost the will to live at present as i have put on so much wait and need alot of support to keep to it.. so i want to make friends and need help alone the long road to recovery... i weigh in at a massive 304lbs at present and it makes me cry... katy xxx
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Katy, welcome.

All is NOT lost, as I can tell you from experience. And if you're ready to get fit (really ready) then you are in the right place.

I would spend some time reading the 100+ pounds to lose thread, lots of good info there, as well as some of my musings over the past two years.

FWIW, my wife was 302 (at 5'2") four weeks ago--now 13.5 pounds down just by making a few simple eating changes (and this with 0 exercise).

If there's anything we can do to help you, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Yes, you can lose the weight! It doesn't happen as fast as you may wish, but it will happen.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

I'm starting in a similar place size-wise. I'm confident I can get to my goal weight. It's going to be hard work for months (and probably years) but I have no doubt that it can be done. I have no doubt that you can do it too.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

You can do it! I was 274 at my highest and now 230. Just make going to the gym almost like your religion where you do it every day. Throw out all the junk food in house, refuse to eat at restaurants and refuse to eat prepackaged foods and cook from scratch. If you have a weakness for a certain kind of food deem the food as poison and do not allow it in the house. (this is coming from a former Pringles can a day gal) I don't remember last time I had chips. Throw out all the soda, both diet and regular, and drink only water, tea and milk. After you go gym then go participate in some hobby that burns a lot of calories. Like I do metal detecting which burns 250 calories per hour. Then you'll be too da gum tired to eat much when you get home. Being on Fitday is really helping me as now visually seeing the calories add up and seeing what certain foods contain has made me behave myself more and avoid bad foods. Just promise yourself to be entirely honest and enter every food you intake and be honest on for real how many minutes you exercise. Its working for me, so if I can do it anybody can do it!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Katy, all is not lost.

I've known someone who used to be obese, and they lost most of their weight by using these tips:

-Drink LOTS OF water. No sugary fruit juices, pop, cola, or other sugary drinks
-No chips, candy, artificial sweeteners, sugar, or other 'junk food'.
-Go to the gym.
-When eating, eat in moderation. Eat small portions, and if you want more food, wait about fifteen/twenty minutes. It takes that long to have your stomach let your brain know it's full.
-Dump wheat entirely.
-Read Gary Tobe's book Why we Get Fat and What to Do About it.

Hope I Helped!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Katy Please read this

Your life is a gift!, you have found this site for a reason! the reson for most here is we are here to help each other. This is a journey for us to regain our health!, read the success storys!, this is real and its proof that we can and do support one another!, Fight fight with all you have, but to win this fight you must own the battle , let no one else make choices for you that you know are unhealthy, start this minute, and if it gets tough and it will handle every minute one at a time, rather then saying oh well this day is lost!, because it isn't design your plan of attack, as others have posted follow the path cling to what works for you and stick with it. I felt the same as you did not long ago!, I made up all kind of excuses for myself. but one day the light went on and I took control of my out of contol eating, and ended the way I was treating my body,, for me Diets only work if you followit through for ever with the advise of a health professional, please join us and fight this disease!

Bo
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Katy!!! Welcome to FitDay! You have come to an awesome place for encouragement and motivation. There is a great thread in the women's section. It is a motivational thread that is 'stickied' to the top of the section each week. We make our own goals and encourage each other to reach them. It is a very active thread. Come on over and check it out. There is one guy there too. Don't worry about him though, we still talk about anything, he doesn't mind.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Don't worry KATY i'm a porker 350 pounds at 6'0 feet, I gotta lose roughly about 80 lbs. But as I always say, too myself atleast. Always have confidence, and make realistic goals, I just started today I was going to lose 40 lbs in a month then I realized how impossible that is going by my bmi index I'd have to pratically starve myself not eat 3500 calories a day, and exercise I wouldn't have energy to do that. Start with 5-8 pounds for the month 4 weeks at roughly about 0.17 lbs a day my calculations might be off, but if you take it slowly, it's healthier and stays off. Eat Vegetables, stay away from the carbs, and especially chips and soda. And go for walks, get a gym membership. but if you are looking for a diet partnet, you can always pm me