Notices

Not Smoking but Weighing More!!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Not Smoking but Weighing More!!

Hi there! Quit smoking 16 months ago, was laid up following a surgery, retired with lots of time and restlessness on my hands and food became my friend, my replacement, my entertainer. I have about 55 lbs to loose according to the charts on here but I would settle for NOW, just what it takes to be able to bend over and breathe!!

Dieting is a new thing to me but excercise is not. I previously walked five miles nightly and did yoga but I wear out easy now and that kinda depletes the motivation, even tho I know I have to build up...again. Somedays I am on fire with gumption and others I just feel sorry for myself that I allowed myself to get where I am. Oh, poor me, huh?

I'm open for all the help and support I can get and look forward to meeting folks on this site. I know I can find it again...I think part is having to restore the fight in me....I used a lot of energy and emotion to become smoke free and I haven't found the restock room!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on giving up smoking! That's the best thing you can do for your health. Dieting is difficult, but many people never succeed giving up nicotine!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to start?

It is a hard thing to do...undo the strangling addiction of nicotine...am grateful beyond belief! Now it is time to focus on getting the weight off that came prior to the quit with just wreckless and unattended eating habits and than came another 30 during the quit. My brain knew full well in both reasons of weight gain that I was crossing that boundry and then I denied what I saw changing and than I ate to replace the smoking and thn in time I ate because I could taste food for the first time in a long time!

So now for the first time in my life I have to learn about getting weight off. I did the counter and kept track of one day...kinda shot over the recommedation of calories like by 1800!! What an eye opener cuz I would not have said I had eaten that many calories and darn if I wasn't eating an ice cream bar while it caluculated!! So how to start?