View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Wohali
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoVino View Post
Prince of Peace green tea, my favorite brand, comes from China, so this brand is an option. As far as I know green tea comes from China but this is easily looked up by googling.

But it's a good point you made about not buying products from Japan because of the fallout!

Actually my research shows that green tea originated in China but now is more commercially grown in Japan especially the cheaper varieties. Prince of Peace is really cheap so I while I enjoy the taste I'm not buying another box of it. Prince of Peace box says its "made in China" that means the tea bags are assembled there...that in no way says the tea is grown there. Thing is there is no way you can guarantee where the tea was grown since there are already cover ups going on. They have been trying to keep quiet how Meiji keeps being busted for radioactive products. They make many of the popular biscuit type Japanese snacks with chocolate and strawberry cream...and they are finding the milk from Japan contains cesium because the cows are eating irradiated grass. The fall out area encompasses a huge area now. After doing a lot of reading I decided to quit purchasing any Asian food products no matter how much I like them and green tea is next to go. Its a foolish cancer risk especially when green tea is not the "magic pill" for weight loss as everyone thinks there is some magic pill out there.

Interestingly, I emailed Lipton to ask them where they get the green tea and after many days they finally replied that I would have to call them to get the answer. Any other company you email them a question and they reply with an answer. So to me this seems suspicious especially since they proudly proclaim on their website their black teas come from Africa, but they don't say where their green tea comes from. My degree was in hazardous waste, so I'm really leery of stuff like this.
Wohali is offline   Reply With Quote