Notices

Would you offer feedback on my fitness log?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Would you offer feedback on my fitness log?

I am wondering if you guys can offer any pointers on what I'm doing wrong. I don't feel I eat too much, but I'm way over my calorie goals of 1500-1700 calories.

I just wanted to mention that the soy nuts are actually soy nut butter (this is a trigger food that I tend to overeat and it's very fattening! I had it as a midnight snack because I was still feeling starved) and the chicken breast (10 oz.) was split into two different meals.

I guess I'm wondering what the "low hanging fruit" in my diet is that I could easily cut out.

mintchip01 - free online diet and fitness journal
Old 06-12-2012, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

The Sangria is obviously low hanging fruit.

Instead of the soy nut butter, you may want to try having some unprocessed nuts - raw almonds or walnuts, say. They're also fairly high in calories, but without the added fats or salt you get from processing, they might not trigger a binge. A handful could fill you up for half the calories.

I tend to steer clear of corn as well. Would substitute in another veggie such as broccoli
Old 06-12-2012, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

You're eating way too much fat. No more than 25-30% of your calories should be from fat.
Vegetables, fruit and legumes provide calories with a lot more bulk. You can eat more volume and still reduce calories.
Carbs are not the enemy. They provide energy for working out and brain function.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

My two cents:

For the yogurt, if it's that many calories for 6 oz., you might try a nonfat yogurt. I eat Dannon nonfat, 80 calories/6 oz. Or you could try Greek yogurt - so yummy, although pricier (if that's a word.) For breakfast, I often eat 1/2 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt, with about 1/2 a cup of sliced mangoes and blueberries, all for maybe 110 calories.

I know you said the chicken was over 2 meals, but that still makes 5 oz./meal. A serving I think is no more than 4 oz., and I find I'm usually okay with 3 oz. It's not a major issue, but if you're looking to shave calories...

The only other thing, again, nitpicky, would be the cup of egg whites in addition to the egg in the morning... that seems like a lot? Egg whites aren't too calorific, but again, it'll shave some off if you can cut down the portion size.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

That Klondike is a sugar bomb. If you've got a hankering for sweet, why not just eat the cup of blackberries with a small dollop of whipped cream?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

I think others have identified the issues you might have. A "midnight snack" is usually not a good idea. You have a protein laden diet and while that will not hurt you, reducing some protein and adding some more carbs might leave you more satiaited. Everyone is different so what satisfies you probably is different from others. I would also suggest replacing the soy nut butter with something else. You also did not mention whether the sangria was an alcoholic drink or not. If alcohol is your thing, a less fruity/sweet drink might help. Alcohol is 7 calories a gram with little to no nutrients so moderation is the key. Of course, I will also have a glass of red wine tonight. Good luck!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

You guys have some really awesome ideas. Thanks for the tips. This is a very helpful board.