Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Ok since I want to list goals I will go first with the same goals I had last week:

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum
2) 1650 calories maximum
3) walk or gym 3x
4) stretch every day
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day

So far, I am holding at 133 but it could be stress keeping my weight down. I started reading the primal/paleo thread on this site Saturday night and yesterday I went to a friend's who happened to have The Primal Blueprint sitting on her couch. It seems appealing but honestly I seem to be doing OK with what I'm doing: more fruits and veg, try not to eat too much after about 8. I very rarely if ever eat sugar (Makes my fibro go through the roof.) I eat sprouted grain English muffins, whole wheat wraps and occasional whole wheat pasta. I eat a bit of sugar free chocolate, a lot of fish, a LOT of chicken, some meat and I try for organic, kosher or the healthiest stuff I can find. I eat some low fat lactose free dairy. It seems that as soon as I start to go "on a plan" I can't wait to get off it. Generally I lose weight by restricting calories and doing as much movement/exercise as I can.
However, the caveperson diet and Mark's Daily Apple do appeal but right now I am afraid of getting derailed. I'd like to lose 8 more pounds but it might be a lot for me. Who knows?

OK that's me. And you?

Last edited by canary52; 06-11-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, Hope, I just started another thread right at the same time! I'll post here, and maybe the one I started can be deleted

I had a pretty good week last week, and would like to continue the trend. I'm upping my goals just a wee bit, so maybe I'll see more red than last week, but you gotta start somewhere!

1.) Workout x4
2.) Under 1400 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
4.) Study 5 hours total

I may add some more later.

It's gonna be a good week, guys, let's make it happen!

Last edited by bojibridge; 06-11-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey, Hope, I just started another thread right at the same time! I'll post here, and maybe the one I started can be deleted

I had a pretty good week last week, and would like to continue the trend. I'm upping my goals just a wee bit, so maybe I'll see more red than last week, but you gotta start somewhere!

1.) Workout x3
2.) Under 1400 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
4.) Study 5 hours total

I may add some more later.

It's gonna be a good week, guys, let's make it happen!
Oops! Great minds think as one, Joanna. Great goals, so far.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default New motivation!!!

I'm jumping back on the wagon this week. I have a few more pounds to lose, but feel much better about myself these days. Summer is here, swimsuit season and plenty of fresh veggies, yayyyy. Gotta watch my food choices in the evenings, tho, BF likes to cook up not-so-healthy foods. I also think I am allergic to gluten, some things I have eaten all my life are really bothering me lately. Does anyone on here have an allergy to gluten?

Health goals for week:
Cook 3 times
3 big Tervis water
no carbs at lunch
1 soda per day
no trips to store or eating out

Non health goals:
strip 1 bed per day
porch cleaned
car vaccumed

Last edited by aspikes; 06-11-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good Monday Morning everyone!!! I'm in for another week of madness I believe Mike is suppose to make my goals again. Not sure though. If he doesn't I'll make them when I get home from work. Catch all you lovely ladies later.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Terribly tired of this plateau... time for a change up... Canary52? you and I have exactly the same goal...we are going to make a dent in it this week. You ready?????

1. Log 10,000 steps a day, no excuses.
2. Drink 64 oz water a day, no excuses.
3. Cut 100 calories out off my daily intake, no excuses.
4. Sleep 8 hours a night, no excuses.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Busy, busy weekend, but I managed to stay very close to my calorie limits. AND, for the first time in months, I logged all weekend long. Down 5 lbs. in 2 weeks. Hopefully, I can keep it going for a few more.

Keeping the goals the same as they seem to be doable, even with a lot of work to do. Party is Saturday... Can't wait!

Weekly Goals:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting.
2. Calories between 1000-1100.
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily.
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc.
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... Will weigh in on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day.

NO DIETING ON SATURDAY! Giving myself a one day pass. Lots to celebrate and be thankful for!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Terribly tired of this plateau... time for a change up... Canary52? you and I have exactly the same goal...we are going to make a dent in it this week. You ready?????

1. Log 10,000 steps a day, no excuses.
2. Drink 64 oz water a day, no excuses.
3. Cut 100 calories out off my daily intake, no excuses.
4. Sleep 8 hours a night, no excuses.
This reminds me of Cassie and I when we originally lost our weight. I didn't lose as much as you, (maybe 30 total) but when we got down to the last 5-8 lbs., it seems like it took forever. I had to really restrict my calories at the end to meet my goal... and as you can see, I still fight with the last 5-7 coming back when I take my eye off of the ball. But happily, I've been able to hold it there since 2010.

Keep going! You really can do it! It may require just a little more calorie restriction than you think.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

So, Tori and Mike, who won last week??? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Ok guys, I'm back and ready to go! Same goals as last week...

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before
8) no food after 8pm the night before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.