Notices

Problems to see it through

Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Problems to see it through

I know this is the wrong thread, but could not find a better one.

I have got no problem starting my exercise program, but I got a MAJOR problem seeing it through.

Any advice?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
FitDay Member

You know something... after reading all the other posts I think I need to adjust my thinking a bit.

and instead of saying I got major problems seeing it through I will just say I WILL see it through... but could stilll use a bit oof support on the way
Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default like you

Im like you AS Legion. I have no problem starting exercise and diet overhaul its keeping it up I have trouble with. Even when I lose steady I feel encouraged and then somehow sabotage myself and come up with a reason to stop. (even if its been good (acceptable) reasons sometimes) This site is great at keeping me motivated so far though. Im towards the end of my second week starting to try to lose the fat and then change my handle and Im still as gung-ho as I was my first day, which is odd for me. I really attribute my attitude towards these forums. So far everyone has been very helpful and motivating. Just reading posts about other peoples struggles and what they are doing to overcome it. Seeing the people that have lost over 100lbs despite plateaus and life in general. Its amazing and I really want to be one of those people! We can do it Stick with it and we can be the ones that others are looking at for encouragement! Wow wouldnt that be something?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

If you're exercise routine is getting boring, it might be time for a change. A lot of coaches recommend switching it up every 4-6 weeks. That you not only don't get bored, but you keep from plateauing as well. Instead of thinking, 'man, I gotta go in three days this week for an hour on the treadmill,' think 'okay, today I'm not feeling the treadmill so much, I'm going to row/jump rope/go out and play frisbee instead.' As long as you get in the equivalent physical activity, you won't be wasting your time and you won't feel bad for falling off the wagon. =]

-Nik
Old 04-13-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Would it help your motivation if I pointed out the more calories you burn during a work out, the more you can eat and still lose weight?

One thing I can say from my own experience is that once you've been working out regularly for a time, you don't have to drum up quite so much motivation for it anymore. It's a little addictive and becomes a habit. So maybe instead of committing to a plan for life, you commit to working out 5-7 times/week for 2 weeks, then commit to 3 weeks, then 4 and so on. It might help to write it on your calendar, or schedule it on your computer, however you coordinate your life. Then as you reach your little goals you can get yourself fitness related treats. So far I've rewarded myself with new running shorts, a new MP3 player, new running shoes and some heavy duty sports bras. The little presents really help me, I mean seriously what good is having the same sports bra as Venus Williams, if you aren't going to put it on and run it around?

Last edited by almeeker; 04-13-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

I just came across a fitness suggestion for kids: buy your tv time with exercise - for every hour you want to watch tv, exercise for a hour. So, for that favorite 1/2 hour show, exercise for 1/2 hour.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

I struggle with the same thing. My main problem is that the rest of life so often gets in the way. Kids and their activities, my obsession with actually sitting down together as a family for dinner on at least a 5 day/week basis, simple exhaustion from work/family and all the excuses that get in the way.

I finally faced facts and decided that since I am 1) a morning person and 2) not able to carve the time out otherwise, I am getting up an hour earlier in the morning (yes, 4:45 a.m.) to work out on the treadmill and bowflex for an hour.

I'm on day 2. We'll see how it progresses. My goal is 5 days a week, an hour per day. If I get bored with it, there's always the Wii Fit and my bicycle.

Good luck to you finding what works for you in the exercise area. It's definitely part of the fitness equation!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys..
Well.. I managed to exercise over an hour today... and as you said....
Take one day at a time